Home Forums Modern 15mm Rebel Minis Special Forces and SWAT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I’m going to run a series of posts highlighting my new 15mm skirmish forces. There will be some commentary, but mostly I’m doing it just to catalog what I have, and show it for other gamers. Lord knows, whenever I’m pondering a new period/genre/scale, I spend countless hours scouring the internet for every picture I can find. So these posts are mostly here for all the kindred spirits out there who need to see lots of photos before they make the leap 😉

These are Rebel Minis, mostly modern US Special Forces, with some modern SWAT mixed in. I’ve painted them up as Delta shooters circa 1993 in desert tri-colors for Somalia.

A sample pic. There are fourteen troops in the team, lots of different poses, got pics of all of them, front and back.

To see the whole thing, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-1.html

More to come, including some Cuba Libre batreps from this weekend; I got three games in, just need to write them up.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I told ya that Rebel Miniatures were great………..

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Look’in good, Jack.

Have you got Somalis aplenty to pit against your special forces? Look at Rebel Minis, Flashpoint Minis and Khurasan Minis if you need opponents. So when are we going to see some contemporary Marines fighting the good fight in 15mm?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Rod – I know it’s kind of a cop out, but I don’t have Somalis, I’m going to use Rebel Minis Insurgents.  I have Rebel Insurgents, Fedayeen, and African Militia, but I put the African Militia on ‘green’ bases, not desert bases, so it’ll have to be Insurgents for Blackhawk Down.  I’ll keep posting pics of my various forces as I get them done; I just published a separate Rebel Minis SWAT post, but didn’t post it in the forums as it’s the same poses you saw here, just in different uniforms.

I have the Rebel Minis modern US infantry, which I’ll use for Blackhawk Down and early Iraq/Afghanistan, but I haven’t received my Flytrap Minis Marines yet.  I think I’m going to order some stuff directly from them (more Marines, some Afghans, some HMMWVs, and some Vietnam stuff).

Oh, and Geoff from QRF got back to me, he still has the molds for the old US infantry, so I’m working that as well.  This has turned out to be a pretty expensive summer…

I’ll get them on the table as soon as I can.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sounds good Just Jack.  Got a sneak peek of the FOW cold war goes hot 15mm Soviet infantry and they look good…

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote – “…15mm Soviet infantry and they look good…”

Yeah, but I don’t need to hear that.  My 15mm ‘side project’ is a raging, out of control monster that needs to be reigned in quick…

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

BMP-2’s and M-113 in plastic…..Team Yankee……You know you want to play Team Yankee…….All the Cool Kids are going to.

Just Jack
    Participant

Yes, in 6mm or 10mm, for which I already have the forces 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yeah keep telling your self that…….Oh I’ll never do 15mm……………snort.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Embrace the beast Jack and go 15mm all the way! It’s good for your soul, Marine!

Just Jack
    Participant

Negative, this 15mm stuff is for platoon-level and skirmishing!

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.