Home Forums Ancients 15mm Shield Transfers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Autodidact-O-Saurus Autodidact-O-Saurus 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I am looking around for the above for my Crom’s Anvil mercs and have found a few sites that sell designs I like, however, I can’t find any reference to the actual size of the transfers.

Does anyone own any ’15mm’ transfers they can measure for circular shields and let me know the diameter at all please?

Iain Burt
    Participant

I’ve had the same problem, and it’s cost me a few bob trying the ‘trial and error’ approach.

I have the very lovely Little Big Men Studios Macedonian and Greek transfers in front of me.

The Macedonian phalangite shield transfer “to fit Xyston Miniatures” comes in at 7.5mm diameter. That’s supposed to cover the whole of the shield of course.

The hoplite shield transfers for Xyston are just 7mm, but they are not intended to cover the rim of the shield.

I wasn’t buying the transfers for Xyston figures (long story). Someone told me recently that the Greeks, being an older Xyston range, are smaller figures, so it all becomes a bit of a lottery. I think it’s best to ask your transfer supplier.

Iain

Not Connard Sage
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Yeah, I hate that too.

‘To fit XYZ’ tells me nothing, give me the damn dimensions of the transfer FFS.

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Autodidact-O-Saurus
    Autodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

Ditto. I often wonder why manufacturers make it harder for some customers to use their products. Why limit your customer base? Making money is hard enough in a hobby based business without self inflicted limitations.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.