Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi 15mm Superheroes and villains

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I always find it hard to actually label Superhero games. Are they Pulp, modern or sci-fi? I hope it’s okay if I post them here?

A few months ago I acquired a cheap version of Super Missions Force and decided to start a new project, one that I have been wanting to do for a long time.

At first I did some characters of my own creation and from the Athwart Time campaign book, but when I talked to my kids about the game they weren’t really interested in a game that didn’t feature any well known pop culture characters.

Kids these days .

PsiKat and DevilsKnight 15mm

15mm Superheroes

Participant

So, after the conversation I had with my children, I painted up some well known heroes. However, it quickly turned out Ghost rider and the Fantastic Four were not what they had in mind. Back to the painting table.

15mm Ghost rider

15mm Fantastic Four

Participant

Athwart Time characters ‘Nasty Gran’ and ‘Coldheart’

15mm Nasty Gran and ColdheartSupers system hero T-Bolt (which for some reason is described as solar powered)

5mm T-Bolt

And some villains of my own creation: Promethea and ‘The Controller’

15mm Promethea

15mm Supervillain Controller

And finally dr. Half Life and Gordon Freeman, which I simply had to put in the same picture.

15mm Half-life

Participant

Wow, they are well cool. I don’t know the Athwart theme but these  are brilliant. I like the guy walking through the portal. That really captures the superhero vibe perfectly. Good Job 👍

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

Your Fantastic Four is very nice, especially Benjamin Grimm. Did you sculpt him? I can’t identify which figure became the Invisible Woman?

Participant

Thanks both of you. More are coming as I still have some characters for the campaign to go. My children also made me promise to procure some Avengers, which may end up replacing the protagonists in the AT campaign.

@Ian

Athwart Time is like an extension to the main SMF book and contains both cooperative/solo play and a short campaign.

@Telzy

The Benjamin model is an Earth Elemental sidekick from Bombshell miniatures which I slightly changed. Invisible girl is a simple hands swap on a Rebel Black Widow model.

I like the portal mini too, the shading is very well done.

I’ve had the urge to try super hero games now and then but I could never figure out how it works with characters being super powerful and the super powers. This reminds why I was interested int eh first place, a chance to do some strange and out of the ordinary minis and paint them however I want.

Participant

I like the portal mini too, the shading is very well done. I’ve had the urge to try super hero games now and then but I could never figure out how it works with characters being super powerful and the super powers. This reminds why I was interested int eh first place, a chance to do some strange and out of the ordinary minis and paint them however I want.

Thank you and go for it! I can’t wait to see some superheroes in 6mm (or smaller). There are plenty of excellent systems out there, but so far I like Super Mission Force the best as it has both the option to build your own and enough simplicity to play a quick game without having to check the rules all the time. On top of that it uses d6’s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.