Home Forums Modern 15mm Vehicles and Terrain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Finished up some more stuff this week, in preparation for my 15mm campaign in Africa starting. As the title so aptly suggests, there are both vehicles and terrain items that I finished up. Everything turned out pretty good, except one terrain piece; that is, the terrain piece itself is excellent, but I screwed it up. And, knowing me the way I do, I’m not likely to fix it. It’s ugly, but still usable in games. Let’s get to it.

The whole mess: I’ve got some Amtracs from Irishserb, some HMMWVs from Flytrap Factory, a pickup truck from Peter Pig (via Brookhurst Hobbies, fantastic service), and a gas station, sentry tower, two dumpsters, and some fruit stands from Gamecraft Miniatures.

As usual, bear with me as my pictures suck. I’d found a decent spot to take photos, but it’s only good lighting from about 0800 to 1600, and the sun was already going down by the time I got home from work. To see the rest of the photos, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/12/15mm-vehicles-and-terrain.html

So there’s the stuff I got done this week, pretty happy with it, just wish I hadn’t screwed up the gas station. In any case, the war goes on, or, more appropriately, the 20mm war goes on and the 15mm war (in South Leon, over on my Cuba Libre blog) starts this weekend. Stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Love the Irishserb and Flytrap vehicles !!! The gas station looks too dirty…oh and I think the stair case should be the other way round so the rail is on the out side. Love the guard tower…

Participant

Jack:

Those be fine lookin pieces of kit and terrain. I really like the SOF HMMVV’s from Flytrap. I didn’t think it was possible, but did you add more kit and stowage to those poor overburdened vehicles? Well, whatever you did, they look great! Irishserb’s AA7 Amtracs look great too! I foolishly tried to build stowage racks onto the four I have and have bogged down with the wire work, but it is inspiring to see yours finished and ready to go. Since my Christmas/New Year break starts today, you may have provided me the impetus to get theses behemoths finished so that I can prime and paint them and four M1A2 Abrams. The Toyota Pick-up looks great and the branding looks fine too. Are Toyota paying you for the shout-out? The terrain looks really good. The Gamecraft Gas Station and the tower look smashing. I really have to get back to spackling the last two-thirds of my Middle Eastern buildings so I can paint and finish those up. Finally, where is the Crescent Moon stuff you ordered? I am jonesing to see that stuff on a table. Great work Jack and perfect timing to get me going on my stuff this holiday season. Thanks for posting this. Seasons greetings to you and yours.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Thanks fellas.  And yeah, I know the damn gas station is dirty! I’ll figure something out to cover it up or fix it.

Rod – the Crescent Root stuff has been in a couple batreps already, and will feature in South Leon, though it doesn’t look like that will be starting this weekend…

V/R,

Jack

Participant

Jack:

Why do I keep calling it “Crescent Moon”? I’m such an idiot! Well show me more of the Crescent ROOT stuff so I can live vicariously through your minis! How pathetic is that!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.