Home Forums WWI 15mm WW1 late war Germans

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here are four platoons of Peter Pig late war German infantry:

Robert

Participant

Excellent work there Robert!

Participant

Thank you very much, Steve. Some of the support weapons, including MG08s:

Minenwerfer:

And Granatwerfer 16s, which are actually from the Peter Pig WW2 range so the small hand-held mortars of WW2 rather than the spigot Granatwerfer. I painted some of the helmets with the WW1 camo pattern to help disguise the WW2 shape:

Robert

Participant

No German force would be complete without Flammenwerfer. The men are from Peter Pig. The flame is from Armorcast:

Robert

Participant

How do you find the Peter Pig figures?

I have a few sci-fi ones from many many years ago but found more modern casts (mainly from the USA) different in height and build to the chunky PP ones.

Most impressed by the flames – captures the scariness well.

As for the period – I stumbled across a reference to the old Trench rules I had when lots younger and got a warm feeling and urge to branch out again (will resist though as I’m too busy with this). What rules are you using?

Participant

He said in his French post he is using modified Crossfire, which I am eagerly and greedily awaiting for him to share.

Looks great, Robert!

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Participant

He said in his French post he is using modified Crossfire, which I am eagerly and greedily awaiting for him to share.<noscript></noscript> Looks great, Robert!

Ta for that – Missed that note as I was busy drooling over the tanks TBH!

Participant

I like the Peter Pig figures, especially the more recent ones. Lots of variety now, though there are a few gaps in the WW1 range. The Americans are completely absent, so I have used Battlefront for them. French mortars needed sourcing from Battlefront as well.

Something to kick up a Sturm, providing close support for infantry colleagues – the Peter Pig infantry gun:

Robert

Participant

Anti-tank weapons. First, the late war 37mm anti-tank gun from Battlefront Miniatures:

And the T-Gewehr anti-tank rifle. These are Peter Pig WW2 German anti-tank models modified to look like the WW1 T-Gewehr:

Robert

Participant

Very nice collection and lovely painting. What colours did you use for the uniforms?

Keymaster

oooh yeah, that flame is very nicely done.

Participant

Thank you. I used a right old mix of colours for the German uniforms, including Feldgrau from Vallejo, AK Interactive,  and the two sets of triads from Wargames Foundry. Standard grey colours were used too, especially for trousers.

Robert

Participant

I just love the look of the mosaic patterns on the German helmets.  Clever to use it to disguise the slightly differently shaped WW2 ones.

Participant

Thanks, Tony S. Camouflage can hide a multitude of sins. You can see the difference with the German anti-tank rifle crews. Both team members needed the mosaic pattern as well. Even at 15mm, the different helmet style is apparent (IMHO).

Robert

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.