Home Forums WWII 15mm WWII US Airborne – Temperate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Greetings, yes, it’s been awhile. Man, I feel ill, I haven’t played a wargame in… well, I can’t even remember when! But don’t think I haven’t been working, I’ve been spending all my wargaming time painting up new 15mm forces. As previously, I’ve bought quite a bit off of Ebay, Gajo Minis, my buddy AJ, and TMP Marketplace, in addition to painting troops up myself, and although I’ve made great use of already-painted troops, I generally still have to spend a considerable amount of time touching things up and basing them. In any case, I’m starting off with these guys since I painted them all myself. I actually bought them painted from four different sources, but since they didn’t match, I decided to just completely re-do them. So, what are we talking about?

Well, we’re talking about my 15mm U.S. Airborne force based for temperate climes, i.e., Normandy, Market Garden, maybe even Varsity.

Here it is, the entire force. If you’re looking at it as one stand = one squad or weapons team*, then I have:
    -Commanding Officer
    -Executive Officer
    -Five Rifle Platoons (three squads + Platoon Commander -PC- and Bazooka team)
    -An MG Platoon (three M1919s and a PC)
    -An Anti-Tank Gun Platoon (two M1 57mm guns and a PC)
    -An Artillery Platoon (two 75mm pack howitzers and a PC)
    -A Mortar Platoon (three 60mm tubes and a PC)
    -A Heavy Mortar Platoon (two 81mm tubes and a PC)

*I say it in those terms because lately I’ve got a hankering to play some higher echelon games, where one stand = a platoon, or even a company! We’ll see how I get on, more to follow.

Some hardcore para command stands, Battlefront plastics.

Some riflemen advancing.

A pack howitzer in action.

To see a boatload more pics of these guys, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2022/02/15mm-wwii-us-airborne-temperate.html

I couldn’t be more happy with how these guys turned out, a good looking force ready to drop on the unsuspecting Krauts and wreak havoc. Or Japanese; I suppose I could use these guys for Burma, New Guinea, and the Philippines, too.

In any case, this is the first of MANY posts I”m going to make in rapid succession in order to show you what I’ve been up to.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

They do look fantastic!  All Battlefront?

Participant

Thanks Logain, and yes, they are, a mix of the older metals and newer plastics.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Great stuff dude, glad you’ve been hard at work.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I’ve steered clear of Battlefront … but seeing how nice those turned out… you may have changed my mind.

Participant

Thanks Darb, I certainly have.  Hope all is well!

Logain – Yeah, they can be a bit expensive, but they sure look pretty 😉  And I think the new plastic infantry deals are actually very good value, to include mortars and machine guns, but they really screw you with tanks, anti-tank guns, and infantry guns…

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.