Home Forums WWII 15mm WWII US Forces for North Africa, Sicily, and Italy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Alright, enough of Northwest Europe already, right? Yeah, me too, so I painted up a bunch of stuff for North Africa. Yeah, I know, I still haven’t finished up my Western Desert Commonwealth, Italian, and German forces, but I’m working on it, and still, it’s no reason to ignore the Yanks! ๐Ÿ˜‰ So that’s what we’re looking at here; I’d previously run an abortive attempt to do Americans in Tunisia, but it was a skirmish project and didn’t capture the grand sweep of what I really wanted to do, so I halted, backtracked, and worked up a new course of action, and here you see the fruits of my labors. As with the British and German forces I posted, quite a bit of this stuff was bought, rather than painted, but I’m posting because I still put quite a bit of work into it and I’m looking forward to getting them on the table.

Here’s the whole mess, a Regiment of infantry with organic support, plus a boatload of arty, transport, recce, and armor. Oh, and even some air support!

The infantry regiment, set up as leg infantry under the Rapid Fire order of battle concept.

Yeah, you see some bazooka figures on regular rifle stands because I didn’t have enough riflemen and the damned Flames of War company box gives you something like 18 two-man bazooka teams, which is about fifteen more than I actually need…

Some M-7 Priests.

A pair of 75mm armed M-3 Gun Motor Carriages/Tank Destroyers.

Some M-3 Grants.

And how ’bout some P-40s, just for good measure?

To see a bunch more photos, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2021/06/15mm-wwii-us-forces-for-north-africa.html

Overall, I’m quite pleased that these are finished and ready to hit the table. Who shall they fight, you ask? Well stand by, I shall show you tomorrow evening!

V/R,
    Jack

The drybrushing shows up really well on teh jeeps and trucks.

Participant

Yeah, I really like how it worked out.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.