Home Forums WWII 1/72 Afrika Korps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A force put together for ‘One Hour Wargames’.  Scales are really 1/144, 20mm, 1/76 and 1/72 plastic and metal from different makers.  Including the infamous Airfix ‘wrong’ armoured car 

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

very nicely done. colours, tones and bases are excellent.

Great looking army!  Love the light green tropical uniforms.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Participant

An excellent display of modelling.

Participant

Replies appreciated comrades.  Being more or less completely ignorant on the DAK, it came as a surprise to find out about the green uniforms.  Seemed odd after doing Italians and Brits in sandy colours 

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Thanks, I think they’re trying to find a bierkeller.

Participant

It may be ‘wrong’, but I used to love that armoured car when I was a kid…

Participant

I built a few of them meself in days of yore.  If someone else produced its predecessor at the same price, I’d have bought it.  Too late now my DAK days are over.

Participant

Inspiring. Great stuff. Love what you have done. Especially as it’s for OHW, WWII doesn’t seem to get much coverage using these rules. Are you using the rules “as is” from the book or di you have house rules?

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

Thanks for your kind comment.

So far the intention is to use the rules ‘as is’.  However, some snags; the rules don’t support aircraft, armoured cars (and ones with A/T guns) or MGs.  I’ll persist with it because I think aircraft need to be involved due to the prominent part they played in the conflict.  I’ll look at how other rules cater for ‘cars and do an adaptation.  The MGs are catered for in the WW1 rules so I’ll use that.

I’ve made a bit of a rod to beat my own back by sticking to actual rifle company structures, the 8th Army motor company especially with only two (at the time) rifle platoons and a scout platoon OHW four infantry units are a bit difficult.

However, onward and upward.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.