Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy 1/72 Fantasy Fun

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gaz
    Participant

I had a fun Christmas playing fantasy battles in 1/72 with my boys using cheap and cheerful miniatures from Caesar and Dark alliance. Full details on my blog: http://ancientsgamer.tumblr.com/

I probably enjoyed it more than they did. Apologies in advance for my shocking photography. Will post my fantasy fast-play rules when I can.

Gaz

Angel Barracks

How did it go?

I can’t find much of a game report as such?

Could be I am being dim of course.

🙂

Gaz
    Participant

Sorry Angel, no battle reports to post -the games were fast and furious. We played a stripped down version of Warhammer Fantasy Battle with 6 units per side. Combat was resolved by units rolling 6 dice to attack and opponents had an armour save. A unit could take 6 hits before it was routed. Knights, Trolls and mounted troops had bonuses to distinguish them from other troops. Magic was also kept simple – Gandalf had a” lightning bolt” and a “rally” spell and the Witch King a “Fireball” and a “Panic Spell”. Despite the simplicity, tactical decisions (or blunders) made the difference. Under my tutelage, my young apprentice launched a devastating attack of his mounted knights down my flank, routing my heavy orc foot. He didn’t get any more friendly advice from me after that! Games were wrapped up in under an hour – just what you need for under 10s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.