Home Forums Ancients 1/72 Hittites

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Another expanded DBA army:

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Looks good. How about some close-ups? You make me regret committing to 15mm for DBx armies. My Hobby Attention Deficit Disorder is itching. “I want THOSE!” “You already have those others.” “I want THOSE!”

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Participant

Your wish is my command, close ups on the blog thingy at:

http://pregunpowder.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/172-hittite-empire.html

I share your sentiments re 1/72 over 15mm for ancients.  The plastics are cheap as chips and while they don’t offer the same range of figures, outfits like Newline offer high quality metals which fit nicely, so are great for gap filling in the ranks. 1/72 chariots and elephants look way better 

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Mahvolous! Clearly the Hittites have enlisted the mythological sirens. They call to me. They call!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

I share your sentiments re 1/72 over 15mm for ancients.

Being a fellow 1/.72 aficionado, I can but agree.

Question: do you base & use 15mm or 25 mm movement?

donald

Participant

Superb work, thanks for sharing.

Participant

Thanks for your interest guys.

They are based to the DBA 20/25mm size at 60mm frontage.  Depth as needed by the figures, gave up on 20mm deep a long time ago.  Numbers of figures to bases tends still to be to DBA but the DBM lists can give more insight.

Participant

Neglected to mention movement.  Used DBA 3.0 base widths.  However I’ve gone over to the dark side and now use hex terrain, rounding up or down the base width movements to suit the hex size.  I’m a solo gamer so makes no nevermind.

Participant

Thanks for the close-ups. Really nice work. I think I recognize one of those guys, he works night shift at the convenience store down in the square.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Participant

Yes very nice Cameronian. Makes me want some. But then I’d have to paint them!

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Participant

Yes very nice Cameronian. Makes me want some. But then I’d have to paint them!

Indeed, a burden we all share.  When I started doing these expansions it seemed like a good idea, but with a hundred-odd Kushites to paint and several other armies waiting in the wings, I’m no longer convinced 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.