Home Forums WWII 1/72 USMC Rifle Platoon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just finished the first of a series of forces; a new era of warfare for me:

Company HQ and HQ Section

Rifle Platoons

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

The turned out nice, had a closer look on your web, thanks for sharing.

Are you just moving into WW2, I had sold all my WW2 on around about 1993, then about 6 months later I bought a black bin bag of WW2 tanks and vehicles for £10.  There was 300 tanks and vehicles in it so here I am some 21 years later with over 1000 tanks, vehicles and several thousand figures with no end in sight CCD (compulsive collecting disorder) or what.

Participant

Thanks for that.  Yes, first foray into WW2; always said I wouldn’t go near it for the very reason you said, CCD.  The current plan is for:

U.S.

Japanese late and early

British 8th Army

Italians (paratroops as I bought the wrong ones)

Russians early and late to go against the Japanese …

… a rifle company with battalion level support, a couple of tanks and an aircraft each .  Questionable if I go the distance, just be happy to get the Yanks and the Japanese.  The advantage of 1/72 plastic is the cheapness of the infantry, so having them doesn’t necessarily mean doing anything with them!

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Yes George I believe you, that’s how I started.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.