Home Forums WWII 1st game of Rommel, in 3mm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

I tried out the new rules Rommel for the first time yesterday, playing a North Africa scenario provided with the book.  The game is very fun and has tons of decisions for players. You’re at the division level so many of the decisions usual in WWII games are absent here–you’re more concerned with mass and momentum than you are armor values and suppression factors. The game plays on a simple square grid so movement, adjacency, etc are easy to calculate.  Individual units represent company-sized elements (except for artillery, which represents a battalion).

I painted up some Oddzial Osmy 3mm stuff (what a joy to paint!), based them on steel rectangles 1.5″x1″, based with Vallejo pigments and fine dirt.  I hand-wrote the labels so this will need pretty-ification (I didn’t have time at work to print the proper labels supplied on the game’s website) and, instead of proper hills, I used rocks from my yard to serve as hilly/rough areas.

Definitely going to be playing a lot more of this!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Looks like a marvelous effect on the table!  One cannot help but to approve!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.