Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force 20mm Soviets in Afghanistan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Piper
    Participant

20mm Soviets in Afghanistan.  A Soviet Motor Platoon in BMPs needs to clear a village.  Not sure what the inspiration for this scenario was but I often use scenarios for British in Afghanistan from Enduring Freedom Scenario book and simply substitute Soviets for Brits and Mujahidin for Taliban !  Buildings from Gamecraft miniatures, stream and hill from Gale Force 9 all other drop terrain scratch built by me.

Clos up of Mujahidin in village with the ubiquitous “jingle bus” !

Soviet infantry dismount and cross the stream on foot.  If you look closely you can see both team leaders looking apprehensively over their shoulders for covering fire from the BMPs.

Mujahidin HMG team takes up position on the high ground. Ex US truck from the 1960s in the background.  Is it transport for the mujahidin or simply the local black market operator ?

Once again a great game using Force on Force in 20mm.  The Soviet-Afghan War of the 1980s has plenty of scope for a range of games with some interesting small unit actions.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Mark:

I really like the jingle truck, very cool! Lovely figures and terrain. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Shawn Carpenter
    Participant

Great looking table, Mark! Thanks for sharing!

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

Papasan
    Participant

Great set up Mike, I like to sub forces into scenarios too. How did the Sovs get on ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.