Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi 28mm Blakes 7 revisited

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2020/04/blakes-7-reprise-in-28mm-for-7tv.html

Hi all,

Hope we are all well in lock down land, or if like myself you’re still working, stay safe.

I painted up a few Blake’s 7 figs a few years ago but never got round to doing anything with them. The return of YG junior to the house as a result of the Phobon Plague had me looking for a game we could enjoy, so out came the 7tv box, the old figs and we started watching the series again.

These figs cover the cast who joined the show in the later series as well as some updated figures for original cast members.

A few more pics on the blog post along with a link to a Yarkshire TV special on the Utubes about the figures.

Also had my first game of 7TV and thoroughly enjoyed it, ordered some more figs for my cops and Robbers casts, updates soon.

Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Glad to see this project coming back out, I thought it was pretty spiffy.  Always good to get some games in, hopefully the intrepid crew/rebels can bring down the Big Evil!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Very neat – planning a long running campaign or one off games?

I did catch the very first program two or three weeks ago and had forgotten how bad the sets and acting was.  I know the plot held up over time and in someways the show was groundbreaking but ouch – my happy memories took a hit!

Participant

Hi all, cheers.

No big plans with it as yet, just played one game after having it for about 3 years, really enjoyed the way 7tv played. I’m rewatching the show again at the moment, the sets are very late 70s but it’s what I grew up with. I’m really enjoying it as are the family. The Avon, Villa relationship is superb, I quite like the acting to be honest, very honest.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

As I am now ‘shielding’ (oh, it’s great fun – taking the rubbish out to the bins is very naughty but the only time I get to go outside!) I decided to watch Blake’s 7 again as I found it on YouTube.

Yes, some (most?) of the acting is waaay over the top, the sets are completely pony and the fight scenes have seemingly been choreographed by someone that has never been in an argument let alone a tear up I’m sort of enjoying it – there’s a good story in there and it could be quite dark if remade today.

Also, being 7 or 8 when it started the first time round I understand why my 28 year old Dad liked it so much. Jacqueline Pearce is a serious fox!

Participant

Also, being 7 or 8 when it started the first time round I understand why my 28 year old Dad liked it so much. Jacqueline Pearce is a serious fox!

Ha!  My dad used to love Dukes of Hazzard. At the time, my brother and I thought it was for the exciting car chases, and witty dialogue.  Looking back on it, it may have been for something else…

How did you find 7TV?  Did it feel like a TV show, or a game?  I guess if you enjoyed it then it doesn’t matter does it?

Oh – and speaking of cheesy SF figures, Hydra Miniatures is currently having a 20% off sale, if you weren’t aware of that.  Admittedly 1940s Pulp cheese rather than 70s Sideburns cheese, but still.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.