Home Forums Medieval 28mm Crusades Project – Knights of St Lazarus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/28mm-crusades-project-knights-of-st.html

Like buses the units arrive two at a time ! After months of nothing I get two units of Knights done in short time.

More 28mm Fireforge Figures, this time the Templar Cavalry set painted up as the less well known (and pretty small) Knights of St Lazarus.

I read a book on these a while back and the green crosses give them a different look from the normal red and white.

More pics on the blog. Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Leper knights. There’s an interesting thought.

Cool paintjobs. The green-on-white does indeed look neat, and this “oil paint + wipe” method that (to the best of my recollection) I’ve never encountered before seems to produce an excellent look for animal hide.

Participant

Cheers Roderic, the oil paint technique is very old school, I picked it up from guys who were using it in the 1970s !

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Great work on my absolute favorite of the militant Holy  Order Knights!

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant
    Participant

Very cool mini’s!

I’ve been interested in the order since someone I knew became priest in charge of St Vincent’s church which is the home of the Military & Hospitaller Order Of St. Lazarus Of Jerusalem, Grand Bailiwick Of Scotland here in Edinburgh. This order is a modern (instituted 1910) organisation but sparked my interest in the original order, which I had been unaware of before.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

These are very cool. Must. Resist.New.Period. aaarrgh!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.