Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket 28mm Italian Risorgimento Project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2022/04/28mm-italian-risorgimento-project.html

I’ve been working on my 28mm Italian Risorgimento Project for about 4 months now and it’s starting to look a bit like an army now so I thought it would be an idea to put a progress report together.

I’m just under a third of the way through the build for my intended Battle of Mentana display game (hoping for October this year as a target). There’s lots to do and lots of figures to find and painting to do, full details on the blog link above.

Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Wonderful and colourful figures Ken, thanks for sharing.

Participant

Dio Santo!  All those figures – painted, based and converted – in four months!?  Spectacular!  Somewhat intimidating to those of us who paint at a more, er, deliberate pace.  Nicely done!

A fascinating period.  I’m actually going to play a game in that period tomorrow, the Second War in 1859 to be precise.  No Garibaldi to be seen, alas.  Mostly Austrians and French, although a few units of Piedmontese horse will make an appearance I imagine.

Participant

Cheers everyone, which rule set did you go for Tony, I’m struggling a bit for ideas on that aspect.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Participant

Just finished playing that game.  Quite enjoyable!  The French were attacking, outnumbered but a flank march was coming in, lured by the sounds of the guns, and wailing Croats running for their lives.  Austrian player ended up conceding, but had some appallingly bad luck.

We used Shako to Coal Scuttle, Almost 2nd edition.  It’s not for sale yet, as it is still being playtested, but it’s nearly there I think.   First edition is still for sale on Wargame  Vault, from Nordic Weasel.  2nd edition just nails down a few vague points, and cleans up a few things, but overall very similar.

I’m very biased, but I think it gives a good, fast game that “feels” right for the period.   Certainly solid enough to houserule and tweak.

Unless you’re interested in playtesting?  Let me know, and I’ll see what I can do.  As I said, the rules are almost done, but feedback – especially from those that aren’t present with the writers – is very worthwhile.

Participant

Cheers Tony,

It’s likely to be a couple of months before I have enough of both sides for a game but happy to do a bit of playtesting if it helps, let me know.

My email is [email protected]

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.