Home Forums Terrain and Scenery 28mm Mogadishu buildings ready for Hammerhead show

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    malc johnston
    Participant

28mm Mogadishu buildings ready for Hammerhead show

Decided to revamp all my old Mogadishu buildings plus create more for the game at the Hammerhead show this year, here is the first one i created, i have a playstation 4 and was gaming a titled named “Dying Light” the buildings in the game are fantasic and this is where i got my idea from.

Had a picture in my head no plans and took two days to create, its 28mm and is good enough to put on the tabletop, five floor hotel is next on the cards.

All foamboard, clay in bits and texture sand, cardboard for shutters

[/url]
    image hosting over 5mb[/url]

Again top is cardboard, bits of balsa and everything is glued together with Bostik, i think PVA glue for me is not as used as much anymore, Bostik is the way forward as it sets quickly.

[/url]
    how to screenshot on windows

“Dying Light ” steel blue door, air conditioner, is balsa wood and placed around a square foamboard, oven grill is the mesh, lollypop stick for the boarded up inside window

[/url]
    uploadimage[/url]

Again the top corrugated cardboard,i did used PVA glue on these, what i did i gave it a support of cardboard underneath to give it strenght, just used scissors to cut it up and give it the damaged look.

[/url]
    upload image online[/url]

The front again, i liked the idea of the shutters slightly tilted giving it that crappy look that its needs forcing to lift it up.

[/url]
    gifs upload[/url]

From the side, plenty of cover for the “Skinnys” thinking of adding smoke coming out of the air conditioner, could be a place for “Mr White and Jess” lets get cooking.

[/url]
    free image host[/url]

Otherside

[/url]
    free upload pictures[/url]

Well pretty happy with the work on this one, just the groundwork to do around on the base and thats out the way.

Cheers Malc from the Victorian Outpost

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

Mike
    Keymaster

Those are exceptional. Do you live up north?

Thuseld
    Participant

Those really put my buildings to shame.

Paul
    Participant

Very nice Malc and usable all over Africa.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

malc johnston
    Participant

Thanks guys, yea i live in Grimsby, Manchester lad though, been here around 10 years in Lincolnshire

Mike
    Keymaster

That’s a shame, not cos it makes you northern, nowt wrong with that, but it makes it too far for me to pop around for a game!

McLaddie
    Participant

Impressive. I like the mix of railings and roofing.

malc johnston
    Participant

Mike if you ever want to visit for a weekend of gaming it would be no problem, the new place gaming center is almost completed and looking the bees kness, two of us are making the desert boards on Tuesday, table is 12ft by 6ft, very modern place to game.

Admin Test Account
    Participant

Wow, o this is cool, any other house model that we can be inspired of?

malc johnston
    Participant

I created four Japanese building 28mm last week for my Boshin war project 1868 if you would like to see them i will take photos for you, very simple and easy to create and look eye candy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.