Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi 28mm Post-Apoc Diner WIPs

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Over the last week, I’ve been working on a 28mm abandoned diner for my post-apoc games.  Here are a few WIPs:

Mostly styrene construction with plain and patterned sheet.  Been making steady progress, hoping to get primer on it tonight.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

That is very tidy, what sort of PA setting?

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

also, is this correct?

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

also, is this correct?

Looks right to me. The cashier looks to be above the kitchen and the stores should include a largish freezer. After all you need somewhere secure to gather your whits and reload and rearm for more attacks against the greenies!

Looks awesome as usual Brian.

irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Thanks, and yes, you guys got it pretty much right.  It is based on photos I found on the net of three different, but very similar buildings, plus my wife took photos of some kitchens, and we actually arranged the kitchen around the list of equipment that should/would have been present.  I don’t know if the buildings were originally part of a chain, or were just a generic off- the-shelf diner/restaurant building design that some architectural/construction firm offered in decades past.

The room off of the back of the kitchen will have the freezer in it.  The office would have consisted of a desk with stuff piled up on it. Not sure if the desk will be present or not.

I picture the place as a sort of “Route 66” kind of thing with a little gift shop area behind the cash register with tourist junk.  The building will actually be in pretty good shape for the post-apocalypse, more abandoned than ruined, as the town it will be part of has its own little story of abandonment in my dusty, desert, American southwest setting.

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

I am really loving your stuff. Unfortunately I came late to the African war setting and don’t have the time to catch up. In many ways it interests me the most. As discussed I used to play the Morrow Project so your post apoc game has been very engaging.

irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Stephen M,

Glad you’re enjoying it, just wish I could get more done, more quickly.  Regarding the Africa stuff, yeah, there is like a decade of AARs there, so I understand.

irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Almost forgot, I built this guy earlier, an 8 burner commercial stove for the diner (also built a hood, but didn’t take a pic):

Pretty happy with it.  Next comes the freezer.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Blimey, that is above and beyond for a wargame. Top skills!!

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Very cool!!!

Thomaston
    Participant

Very interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing this finished and painted.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

That stove is amazing!  Well done.

Now, how is the ghost of Mel going to yell at the ghosts of Alice and Flow with no serving cutout?!?!  ;D

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

irishserb
    irishserb
    Participant

Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

Progress has been a little slow over the last week, but I did get the shingles on the roof:

Tried making them out of fine sandpaper, but couldn’t find a way to quickly cut the splits in the asphalt shingles that looked properly sized, so fell on my backup plan, and used a sheet of Plastruct pattern sheet.  I pretty happy with it.  Now i need to get basic paint on it, so that some post-apocalizing can happen.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

That is great progress, really coming together.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.