Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi 28mm sci fi human cavalry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tim Snoddy
    Participant

I am looking for 28-32mm sci fi human cavalry and completely failing.  Anyone any suggestions for a UK supplier?  Ideally with a lance like weapon.

Mike
    Keymaster

Too random?

LINK

Too GW?

LINK

Too many monies?

LINK

Tim Snoddy
    Participant

Yes, you guessed right for why all those fail but thanks for playing the game!  I know there are loads around in smaller scales, 15mm or 6mm which makes me think there must be somebody doing them in 28mm.

Mike
    Keymaster

Multipart plastics?

Historical Napoleonic cavalry, use the legs and plastic sci-fi torsos?

Trappings, saddle bags and sci-fi gubbins stuck on a regular horse?

Or stuck on a smaller scale dinosaur as a stand in lizard?

Mike
    Keymaster
    Tony S
    Participant
    Jim Webster
    Participant

I must admit I was wondering about starting with one of the multipart plastic figures and adding stuff. I do like the camel idea
    But also looking around poundland and the other shops selling cheap plastic toys there are probably suitably sized dinosaurs available that would make good cavalry mounts for the 28mm figure

https://jimssfnovelsandwargamerules.wordpress.com/

Sane Max
    Participant

Perhaps have a look at some of the plastics Wargames Atlantic do as possible conversion fodder. The legs and Torso are mostly one piece, but they are cheaper than average and some have their legs wide enough to be potentially mountable as is if you can find some Plastic Horses.

Death Fields: The Greatest Sport is War

Tim Snoddy
    Participant

Thanks everyone I think I am good.  Those riders are excellent Tony S, not totally convinced by the mounts.  The GW Serbery’s raiders are a bit fussy but I do like the idea of robotic cavalry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.