Home Forums WWI 28mm Seabrook armoured lorry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

During WW1, Seabrook lorries were converted to carry a 3 pounder QF Vickers-Maxim naval gun and two Maxim machine guns. Commissioned by the Royal Navy, the armoured lorries formed part of the Royal Naval Armoured Squadrons. Their role was to provide gunfire support to the RNAS armoured cars. This model was from the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company but is now available from Empress Miniatures:

The crew are wearing khaki uniforms rather than the Royal Naval uniforms that were used in the first months of the war. Perhaps this is why the flag pole has been allowed to become corroded – not up to the usual standards of the Royal Navy!

Robert

Participant

Robert Dunlop:

Very nice indeed. You’re quite the model maker and painter. Well done, sir! Is this to be a wargame piece or a display model? Thank you for sharing this.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Thank you, Rod. The model is primarily for use in wargaming. I enjoy playing Bolt Action for WW1. In-between times, she is on display.

Robert

Participant

I do not know why but that reminds me of the gunship version of the Hercules (the AC-130)! But no matter, its a great model and wonderful painting.

I did not know Bolt Action covered WW1 – are you using ‘house rules’ or the WI notes mentioned in this forum post? Warlord seem to have stopped releasing new things for WW1 going by this archive.

Participant

Thank you, Andrew. There isn’t a WW1 variant of Bolt Action published by Warlord Games. I use the v2 rules pretty much as is (I am the ‘Robert’ who contributed to the thread and others on WW1 in the Bolt Action Forum). Warlord Games has shifted their WW1 products to one of their recently acquired companies, which has a line of WW1 French infantry figures as well.

Robert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.