Home Forums Renaissance 28mm Sengoku Jidai game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

I have my next game of the Japanese┬áSengoku Jidai—Age of the Country at War, the civil wars of the 1500s which included figures like Nobunaga and Tokugawa—all set up and ready for turn-by-turn solo gaming over the course of the next few days.

This is using all of my so-far painted 28mm Japanese stuff. The attacker has massed a force strong in cavalry against the defender, who has better supplies and muskets. The game will be decided by capturing objective areas, killing leaders, committing glorious heroics (“first spear” for example), and destroying or routing enemy units.

After spending the summer painting, finally playing with these troops is inspiring me to continue the painting to hopefully finish the project by Christmas.

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Nice, who are the commanders in game and in real life?

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Some gorgeous eye-candy there. I’ve always felt that samurai actions are the most gorgeous to look of all periods (well, along with Aztecs). Thank you for sharing!

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Nice, who are the commanders in game and in real life?

Hi Mike, the defending side are a force of Oda Nobunaga (not present on the table), with a retainer present (the red sashimono…the clan name currently escapes me). The attacker is a mixed force of Takeda and Uesugi, so not a realistic combo but I wanted to get all my minis on the table. Alliances were quite fluid and I gave up a while ago trying for more than painting sashimono/mon of clans that would have conceivably fought alongside or against each other.

@GoneFishing, indeed! The armor, sashimono, and general lack of uniform or army colors really lets you have fun with the painting. I would like to learn more about pre-Colombian American warfare…maybe a future gaming project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.