Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket 2nd Seminole War 15mm Sharp Practice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Posting this from December and my Apparently-Annual Holiday game at Giga Bites Cafe in Marietta GA. This time I went for a completely different setting with the Second Seminole War set in the 1838ish Florida territory. It was a bit smaller than usual scenario with 4 players, 2 Seminoles, a militia group and a US Dragoon unit. I was playing the settler family.
    As with all Holiday games, I would conduct a quiz at the end of the turn (Water Break). The correct guesses get a Command chip to play in the upcoming phase. This year the questions were about Native American holiday myths and traditions and because of the setting we had several rounds of ‘Floriduh Man’ stumpers. (Hint: when in doubt assume the answer involves drunk and naked)
    I also had plenty of treats on hand including orange flavored chocolate–its Florida.
    15mm minis and Sharp Practice rules
    Link to flickr site Click on the pics to get the full AAR:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming/albums/72177720304579731/with/52574198166/

Mark

Participant

I like that idea of conducting a quiz in the middle of the game.   I am constantly amazed with the incredible depth of knowledge of the group I game with…and their ability to recall historical facts at the drop of a hat.

Participant

Well, I am pleased to report that the players got the vast majority of questions incorrect concerning Floriduh Man.  My faith in gamer intelligence was upheld.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.