Home Forums Horse and Musket American Civil War 3mm ACW for OHW

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ian pillay
    Participant

It’s been a long drawn out project, which in reality should have taken about 2 weeks rather than 18months given the standard paint covering I gave the wee little fellas. Nether the less they are now finished and based ready for the ensuing battles on my small table. Base up ( the command stands are an extra) for NT One Hour Wargames rules, so each Army has 4 infantry, 2 cavalary, 2 zouves and 2 artillery units to choose from. The Rebels in the foreground and the Yanks  to the North of the picture.

Next task, besides have a game or two is to make up some terrain and scenery. I hope this doesn’t take another 18months….

Tally-Ho!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

You got the tough part done.  Terrain should be a breeze!  Keep at it!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

I just posted a summary of all the scenery you need for the scenarios in the book.

The thread is here on groups.io  but a better format is in the pdf file here.  Note – You have to be a member of the forum to access them but it’s worth it if you are into the OHW rules – traffic is light unless I’m in waffle mode 🙂

ian pillay
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement DarkStar.

Andrew – I am part of the io group. I think I introduced you to the group. I have seen the terrain thread and it’s most useful. That’s what spurred me on to finish the figures. I have a few ideas for pan cleaner forests with the tree trunks made from Card or board which the tree roof sits on top of. (Makes more sense in my head than on paper.)

cheers

Ian (aka Boz)

Tally-Ho!

ian pillay
    Participant

I’ve found some scenery pieces that I forgot I had. The hills need some paint but the two woods will do for now. I’ve remarked the board (it has various grids laid out on it.) with a 3×3 6-inch square grid. The board measures 30×20”. The grid is mainly for easy of laying out the scenery as per the scenarios in the book.

The project is taking shape nicely. Just need to make a road, river and a few more habitats.

Tally-Ho!

hammurabi70
    Participant

It’s been a long drawn out project, which in reality should have taken about 2 weeks rather than 18months given the standard paint covering I gave the wee little fellas. Nether the less they are now finished and based ready for the ensuing battles on my small table. Base up ( the command stands are an extra) for NT One Hour Wargames rules, so each Army has 4 infantry, 2 cavalary, 2 zouves and 2 artillery units to choose from.

Are you only thinking in terms of OHW or do you have future plans for other rules?

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

… Andrew – I am part of the io group. I think I introduced you to the group. I have seen the terrain thread and it’s most useful…

Shush – others may not know of the group

Anyway back to the big boys got me (6mm at the mo).

ian pillay
    Participant

At this moment in time just OHW. I literally fit the blurb on the back of the book, “ limited time and space” more limited in time as I can use the dining table occasionally.

Tally-Ho!

ian pillay
    Participant

Strange to think the big boys are 6mm, the other sizes 8mm and upwards must class as colossus boys in varying degrees 😂

The group is great, so I will keep shushed 🤫

Tally-Ho!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.