Home Forums Modern 3mm manufacturers post WW2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Historical gaming seems to end with Ww2 here so posting this in General.

I have 3mm game plans and some figures for the Cold War era.

I only know of two manufacturers – Picoarmor and Tumbling Dice.

Anyone know of other 3mm manufacturers for post WW2 Aircraft, AFVs, Infantry, and naval units?

Thanks in Advance.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Mike. Reason: moved to modern forum
    Rod Robertson
    Participant

G(S)W:

Magister Militum (Sells Oddzial Osmy):

http://www.magistermilitum.com/scale/3mm.html#order=name&limit=36&p=1&dir=ASC&cat%5B%5D=59580

Or Oddzial Osmy:

https://www.facebook.com/oddzial.osmy/

Cheers and good gaming:

Rod Robertson.

Mike Headden
    Participant

I understood Picoarmor were just US agents for 3mm Oddzial Osmy stuff, rather than making their own 3mm figures. Am I mistaken?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correct, sloppy language on my part.  Being in the USA I think of sources which is not the same thing as manufacturer.  I stand corrected.

MartinR
    Participant

I am tons of Irregular stuff, but it is 2mm not 3mm, so probably wouldn’t mix too well with the Odzy stuff. There are also some curious gaps (I had to convert my Shilkas from WW2 Hummels!)

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Ian Marsh
    Participant

I understood Picoarmor were just US agents for 3mm Oddzial Osmy stuff, rather than making their own 3mm figures. Am I mistaken?

Picoarmor has consistently not made a feature of the Oddzial Osmy name on its site to the extent that it is quite common to see the range mentioned only as Picoarmor in the US.

Fighting 15s also stocks Oddzial Osmy in the UK, and has been doing so since 2005. Magister Militum is a relative newcomer. Richard at MM, however, has also moved into making his own 3mm figures for periods not covered by Oddzial Osmy, whereas I have simply produced a few Middle Eastern buildings to test the water.

It is literally a small market, and in my experience the internet talks it up substantially. Stockists come and go: the UK has lost KR Games/1to600miniatures, and various European sites have stocked and then dropped the range (for example, Adelbertus). I keep the faith with the range because I can support it through sales of AB and Eureka Miniatures, and have had the fortune to build up stocks gradually since the range’s inception rather than making one massive investment.

Ian

http://www.fighting15sshop.co.uk/1600th-scale-3mm-204-c.asp

Ian
    Fighting 15s
    www.fighting15s.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aside, I see my eye doctor appointment next week is well timed.  Sheesh, how could I miss “Modern”?

Thanks for that Ian .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.