Home Forums Modern 4th Canadian Mechanised Brigade Group in 15mm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ArmiesArmy
    Participant

4CMBG in 15mm anyone?

Well now you can!!!

KO

This is ArmiesAtmy first ever “KickOff” crowdfunded event. The goal of this is to raise enough funds to create a 4th Canadian Mechanised Brigade group in 15mm.
    The forces will include Lynx apcs, Leo C1 MBT, M113 apcs, M150 TOW apcs and enough

lynx
    The infantry will be armed with C1 SMG’s C1A1 rifles, C2A1 LMG’s, LAW 72, Carl Gustaf 84mm recoiless rifle, 60mm mortars, 50 cal HMG and will be wearing the M1 helmet. The figures will be depicted in cold weather gear (not artic!) like all my other ranges of cold war figures and ideal for Europe and Nato Northern Flank.
    The MBT’s will come with stowage for personalisation of their vehicles and tank crew. Infantry can also be personalised with additional LAW AT rockets and backpacks.
    The infantry platoons will contain additional figures to represent the dismounted .50 cal teams and contain a variety of poses.
    Kickoff has one huge additonal advantage in that it allows you to select multiple rewards, addons or even exsisting ranges! If it is available on my shop you can add it as part of your pledge!
    For additional information please take a look at my webstore. Ill be posting regular updates with progression and WIP’s.
    90 % of all models are already completed and the infantry dollies finished. The kickoff will end 4 weeks from Sunday and I expect to get out all order within 6-12 weeks.
    All items are between 10 to 15% off their retail price and will include extras such as stowage, laws and camo netting.
    The kickoff event can be supported at my webstore http://www.armiesarmy.com
    If you have any suggestions or ideas please do not heistate to contact.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by ArmiesArmy.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by ArmiesArmy.
    Jemima Fawr
    Participant

Great stuff!  The Lynx design looks absolutely lovely.

Will you also be doing dismounted TOW teams and 81mm mortars?

If this is a success, might you also be considering Grizzly and Cougar vehicles for the CAST Brigade and AMF(L) missions to the Northern Front (and to 1st Canadian Division in Germany in the late 1980s)?

Just a note though: The M113 C&R Lynx was a scout vehicle, not an APC.  You could only get three blokes in it – the driver, the commander (who sat behind the driver) and the gunner/observer (in the turret).  There was no room or hatch for any dismounts – the crew would dismount and scout on foot themselves as the need arose and I have seen TO&Es that included a Carl-Gustav for dismounted work, though I don’t know if this was actually done.  The commander’s hatch also had a C5 GPMG.

Hopefully Tim will chip in here, as he used to command the things (and Leopards).

I’d love a Dutch one (with 25mm turret) if you ever feel the urge, though it’s quite a different design, as the commander’s position was moved to the front-right, the main turret was centralised and a square crew hatch opened on the right-hand side of the hull.  They also switched the turret in the late 1970s for a 25mm-armed ‘Marder’-style turret:

My wargames blog: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Wow, I had never seen that one Jemima!  Thanks!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Jemima Fawr
    Participant

Wow, I had never seen that one Jemima! Thanks!

I live in eternal hope that someone might one day do it (and some suitable infantry for the Cloggies)…  The trouble with doing a lot of NATO armies in 15mm is that you can get 75-90% of the essential bits, but there is always one essential vehicle (or the mere matter of infantry) that stops you from completing the project.  Thankfully the range of 15mm post-war models has expanded hugely in the last few years, thanks to the efforts of AA, QRF, FoW, PP, Skytrex and others.

PatG
    Participant

Hell Yes! That’s who I trained to support – you’ll need extended cab pickups for the mortars though.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wow, how cool is this !!!!

ArmiesArmy
    Participant

thanks!

Sorry for the delay! I thought ‘presumed’ it carried a dismounted half section, so thanks for the info!

Ill be doing the 81mm mortar and I was asking about the dismounted TOW, however it was suggested it remained as part of the apc ? Im happy to be told otherwise!!

Cheers

keith

ArmiesArmy
    Participant

pssst

wont have to wait to long for dutch infantry either!

Jemima Fawr
    Participant

thanks! Sorry for the delay! I thought ‘presumed’ it carried a dismounted half section, so thanks for the info! Ill be doing the 81mm mortar and I was asking about the dismounted TOW, however it was suggested it remained as part of the apc ? Im happy to be told otherwise!! Cheers keith

Hi Keith,

Tidy! 🙂

At battalion level, the dismounted 81mm mortar is pretty essential, as unlike most other NATO nations, Canada never bought M125 SP mortar carriers.  Instead, they carried them around in normal M113s kitted out internally with mortar ammo racks, so had to dismount to fire.

Re the TOW:  It was a bit of both.  Macksey in ‘First Clash’ describes them extensively as firing from dug-in dismounted positions, falling back to the M150, while some remained mounted on their M150s from the outset as mobile AT sections.  Talking online to some ex-US Army M150/M901 TOW guys, they also did most of their TOW work dismounted, even in the M901 ITV.

Jemima Fawr
    Participant

pssst wont have to wait to long for dutch infantry either!

Eh?!  Wassat you say?! 😀

kyoteblue
    Participant

Dutch !!!!

PatG
    Participant

Hi Keith, Tidy! 🙂 At battalion level, the dismounted 81mm mortar is pretty essential, as unlike most other NATO nations, Canada never bought M125 SP mortar carriers. Instead, they carried them around in normal M113s kitted out internally with mortar ammo racks, so had to dismount to fire…./quote]

4×4 pickups with crew cabs for the reserve mortar units. In my unit we played a few very unofficial 1/300 games at the time based on First Clash. We weren’t too happy with our survival rate. 😉

ArmiesArmy
    Participant

Hi

the Canadians have the dismounted mortar option 🙂

come with the M113 as you said

p.s

Its fully funded now to 🙂 Few more days to go before I officially close it

cheers

Keith

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.