Home Forums Modern 6mm "Canadian" Brigade for 5Core Brigade Commander

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I’ve been busy working on forces for 5Core Brigade Commander again. I put “Canadian” because it’s not the most historically accurate force you’ll see, but it will have to do. The primary driver of this is that I’m 1) lazy, and 2) cheap. As I’ve mentioned previously, I bought about 90% of my microarmor second hand, and got some really good deals, but that means you don’t always get exactly what you’re looking for, sometimes you make do with ‘close enough,’ and that’s certainly the type of gamer I am 😉

The entire force, in all its splendor. The Canadian CO gives a shout out to Tim, AKA Ditto Two-Three 😉

The brigade: three ‘line battalions’ (two armor heavy, one mech heavy), a CO, an engineer company, an SP TOW company, and attachments for AAA, SAM, mortars, HMGs, ATGMs, and two Lynk helos w/ATGMs.

To see the whole force (in about 20 more photos), please visit the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/03/6mm-canadian-brigade-for-5core-brigade.html

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

Looking very good. Indeed! The Leopards are perhaps too early to go with the LAV’s. By the time the LAV’s were in use we had upgraded to Leopard 1A4’s at least.  I know you pride yourself on being frugal but if you want you could get every thing you need such as 6×6 Cougars , Grizzlies and Bisons from CinC (precursors to the eight wheeled LAV’s) and TOW under armour M-113’s, Lynx Recce vehicles (M-114’s for all intents and purposes) and ADATS from GHQ. Twin Huey’s and Kiowa’s are made by CinC and GHQ respectively.  It’s cool to see you building Cold War Canucks, so I applaud you on your good taste and discerning eye. Who will 4CMBG be pitted against?

Cheers and good gaming!

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Looks good if kinda tiny…..

shelldrake
    Participant

Look very nice indeed – I am glad I could enlarge the photos on the blog to get a good look, as they look great!

Just Jack
    Participant

Rod – These guys will square off against some of these guys:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/03/my-long-awaited-forces-for-5core.html
    Hopefully this weekend.  And I must submit you need to take another look at the definition of frugal, Sir.  I know what the right stuff is, and where to buy it, I’m just not going to because 1) I have all this other stuff (which I can live with), and 2) I’m frugal 😉

Kyote – “Looks good if kinda tiny…”  Story of my life…

Shelldrake – Thanks man.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Snort………..

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

It’s not the size of the tank, it’s how long it can run on one engine.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

I have now been properly schooled in the “JustJackian principle of pragmatic frugalism” and I will no longer question Just Jack’s divine  infallibility in such matters. So the “Canadians” are going up against the dark forces of National Greenism and the international, revolutionary forces of Khakistan! Early Leopard I’s vs. T-72’s will likely produce  some short and nasty fights and don’t bode well for the poor “Canadians”. But such is the miniature world of gaming I suppose.

Keep up the great work and have a Tim Horton’s doughnut if you can find one in Texas.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Fell behind on the forum this weekend.  I find that the older I get, the fewer internet sources I have time to keep up with, so am general restricting myself to The Wargames Website.

Good looking stuff as usual. And you are “Efficient” not lazy, at least that is what I keep telling my wife!

Eager to see how the Leo 1’s fair against T-72’s.

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

“Looks good if kinda tiny…”

…said the whore to the Bishop.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Just Jack
    Participant

Rod – “JustJackian principle of pragmatic frugalism” Holy crap, I need to hurry and patent that!  I do admire your commitment accurate TO/Es, but with my varied interests I just don’t have the time or money for that, so, for me, sometimes ‘good enough’ just has to be good enough.  The perfect example of this is the “Canadians,” who will go up against not Green or Khaki, but green forces who will be “WarPac” or even “Soviet” forces.  Even though they have mostly T-80s, I will gladly pretend they are T-64s, since the Soviets didn’t have T-72s in CENTAG 😉

“Early Leopard I’s vs. T-72’s will likely produce  some short and nasty fights and don’t bode well for the poor “Canadians”.
    I’ll pass the Leopards off as C2s in my head 😉  I thought short and nasty fights is what we expected in the 70s and 80s?

Jozi – Well, I’m definitely ‘efficient’ 😉  “Eager to see how the Leo 1’s fair against T-72’s.”  To tell you the truth, I believe I’ll be treating them as equal tech.  I’ll say this, and I don’t care what the Commissar says: ain’t no WarPac tank getting rated higher than a damn NATO tank, on anything, except maybe getting blowed up 😉

Ugh, I build “Canadians” and Tim doesn’t even have he decency to show up 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

Your posting prompted me to get out my old Canadian micro armour kit from storage and take stock of what I have. I may start gaming with the stuff come the summer, so thanks for the nostalgic inspiration your efforts have brought to me. It seems ex-Marines are good for something after all! Who’d a guessed?

I believe there were T-72’s as part of the Czechoslovakian and East German armed forces, no?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Jack’s attitude can be summed up as “If in doubt, game”. I can get on board with that 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

You need to kick off a game with them Just Jack.

bishnak
    Participant

Very nice force! Although with Leo 1s, you might want to switch them to a sector where you can fight against Hungarian T-55s!

Just as an aside, they could also be used as 80s-90s era Aussies, with the Leo 1s and M113s. Come to think of it, many other forces too – very versatile

bish
    http://tinytanks3mm.blogspot.com.au/

Just Jack
    Participant

“It seems ex-Marines are good for something after all!”
    Only intermittently.

“If in doubt, game”.
    Amen!  About time for you guys to get on board.  “I need A6 version twenty-four, model 450 of that model.”  Does it have tracks?  A turret?  A gun?  Get it on the table and have it blow some stuff up!  And take some pictures of it, while you’re at it 😉

“You need to kick off a game with them Just Jack.”
    I’m working on it, brother.  But I feel you guys are a bit spoiled, I’m being judged a bit unfairly: I’ve played a game each of the past two weeks and posted a batrep for both, and you’re still complaining 😉

On a side note, I received an e-mail stating my stuff had been dispatched, but I am still not yet in possession of all the gear I need to begin KG Klink’s conquest of France…

And thanks Bish, I appreciate the kind words.  And the Leos will do just fine, don’t worry 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Leo 1’s and M113’s could be Danish too, warranting an upgrade to top tier quality ratings 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

kyoteblue
    Participant

Danes and Canadians !!! You have a double use army there Just Jack.

Sparker
    Participant

That, Sir, is a fine looking armoured Brigade!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.