Home Forums Modern 6mm Cold War 3D-Printed Armies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I’m ramping up for a Cold War campaign and I needed forces, so I went and got me some 6mm 3D-Printed armies from Bashytubits over on TMP; he was great to work with, allowed me to tailor everything exactly as I wanted it.  Production was very quick, they were in my hands in no time, and I’ve finally gotten them painted up and wanted to show them to the world.

The whole mess: I’ve got Soviets (bottom left), West Germans (bottom right), Americans (top right), and British (top left).  If you squint real hard and don’t pay attention to the mismatched paintjobs, I could pull from the three NATO members to make some Canadians, too, sort of.

The 3D-Printed troops come on a stand about 60mm x 30mm, with either 3 vehicles or a gaggle (14) infantrymen on it.  They took awhile to clean up but look nice, were easy to paint up, and I appreciated the fact they came on a base.

Armor of the Soviet hordes!

West Germans.

BAOR.

And the Yanks.

To see a bunch more pics, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2020/05/6mm-cold-war-3d-printed-armies.html

Another batrep coming up tomorrow, this time my first run out of the Osprey “Black Ops” rules.

V/R,
    Jack

Whirlwind
    Participant

Excellent, when are they due in action?

As chance would have it, I have just been finishing off my first ever Cold War stuff (some 15mm Soviet infantry and some 15mm Australians who have been re-painted as generic ‘NATO’ types).

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Thomaston
    Participant

I’m curious, with all the 6mm micro armor around why did you got for 3D printing?
    I like how the infantry was done. I might try it one day.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Steelonsand
    Participant

Stunning collection ! – I must say they look really good – are we seeing the future of war gaming miniatures…… I say that sitting atop a huge pile of the (obsolescent ?) metal kind……

I am also quite taken with the infantry stands – the WarPac ones remind me of those old propaganda photos of Soviet troops ‘in action’….. very atmospheric !

now all you need to do is the air support – have you got those printing away ?

kyoteblue
    Participant

But still no East Germans, I am so bummed.

Just Jack
    Participant

Whirlwind John – Thanks, and I’m not sure, but the sooner the better!  We were looking to start the campaign in March, but COVID19 screwed that for us.  I’m looking forward to seeing your 15mm gear!

Thomast0n – Not really sure, just kinda wanted to see what the 3D Printer could do.  Detail here can be a bit soft and you definitely get the striations; I’ve seen pictures from the new resin 3D Printers that are absolutely amazing, though.  Yes, I like the look of the infantry, too; the first couple prints had fewer troops per stand, so I went back and asked him to add another four or five dudes and he did, no sweat.

Steelonsand – Well, thank you Sir, I appreciate the kind words.  I didn’t do air support, I actually already have some in metal.

Kyote John – You are killing me…

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have a weird fondness for East Germans.

Just Jack
    Participant

Apparently! 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.