Home Forums Terrain and Scenery 6mm Eastern Front terrain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Harrop
    Participant

I thought it’d be a good idea to stick some of my 6mm eastern front terrain up here too as a companion thread to my Russians.

With my massive scale switch I found most of my terrain redundant, in January I started working on updating everything, starting with 6mm WW2.

Firstly I needed roads, lots of roads. All based on 0.5mm plastic

Secondly I’d need a helluva lot of trees and woods, I picked up some trees from a couple of Chinese eBay sellers, combined with pipe cleaner, bump chenille and home made trees from alder seeds

Next was buildings, I picked up a bunch from Timecast and a few from Baccus too, I based them individually and in groups to represent cottages, villages or State Farms.
    I built a load of linear features too, hedges, fences and tree lines trying to capture that Eastern Front aesthetic.

Most hills could be made by putting objects under the MatOWar, but I decided to build a few smaller ones to represent large, regular shaped burial mounds and I’ve started working on fields go fill up dead space too

The final piece I have finished is a dry river bed, useful for Russia in the summer.

So that is 6ish months work, I’ve got a part finished wide river on the workbench and that’ll be followed by a railway embankment and some large wheat fields.
    That should keep me busy for a while.

As usual all comments and criticism is welcomed

Mike

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Norm S
    Participant

Very nice – what did you use to add the texture to your roads?

Mike Harrop
    Participant

Very nice – what did you use to add the texture to your roads?

to texture the roads I first scored them with a blade, and then brushed on a mixture of PVA and Vallejo gray pumice, followed by a light dusting of very fine sand (the kind pet shops sell for chinchillas dirt bathing in) then everything was sealed with PVA

Mike

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Spurious
    Participant

That is some really damn nice terrain. The village stuff with the road-ends I really like in particular as a nice way to integrate them into the overall structure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.