Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy 6mm fantasy project/game

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

I was recently inspired to try a 6mm fantasy project.

Dropzone Commander but with knights and airships, in 6mm.
    You can pay me the royalties now.
    It is a massive winner.
    Seriously I would play that!

Actually I may start looking at some ideas for fantasy airships that the knights fly around in.
    I smell a project.

So..
    To test it out I need some 6mm knights, individual not shoulder to shoulder casts.
    Something to make the airship bag from, I am thinking something that looks like leather or hide.

The knights fly around in their airships, and drop down onto the target and unleash knightly justice and then fly on to the next target.
    Protecting the Kingdom from the Heavens.

Like Angels, with flying Barracks..

• This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Mike.
    Angel Barracks

Small scale skirmish, orcs and baddies attack the lovely folk of the kingdom, attacking villages and what not.
    Horses are too slow, so across the kingdom there are towers that the airships are moored to, on stand by.

When the beacons are lit, the knights see this and mount the airship and zoom off to the aid of the good folk.

Drop out of the airships on ropes and kick some orc ass, then get showered in praise and tribute from the villagers, and fly back to their mooring tower.

Like super fast special forces.
    But with swords and fancy heraldry.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Cool idea, will make sure to pay the royalties 😉

As for knights, you could have a look at Microworld’s Dark alliance. There are some really nice models that might fit the knights there!

Northern Monkey
    Participant

As well as the aforementioned Microworld which I am big fan of, Perfect 6 are planning some fantasy stuff which will be individual ie not strips, but for now Baccus do knights/men-at-arms. As for airships, maybe start with that yellow bit that contains the toy in a kinder egg, apply a thin layer of putty and as leathery texture to that straightened papers clips to connect it to the gondola/ship, Irregular do a nice fantasy galleon in 6mm add the kinder balloon to that and jobs a good un, you can cut me in on the royalties 😉

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Many years ago there was a company called ZN games who started a line of 6mm airships called Industrial Gothic. Sadly the owner Chris died of cancer and so that was that. However I googled it and see they have kind of started up again although their website doesn’t seem to list any products.

The designs were pretty cool and might give you some ideas.

Cheers

Kieran

Tom Anders
    Participant

Many years ago there was a company called ZN games who started a line of 6mm airships called Industrial Gothic. Sadly the owner Chris died of cancer and so that was that. However I googled it and see they have kind of started up again although their website doesn’t seem to list any products. The designs were pretty cool and might give you some ideas. Cheers Kieran

ZN Games brought in Impact! to help them get those ships back out for sale.

You can find them all here:  http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=airships

Thanks for the mention Kieran

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Tom Anders.
    Stroezie
    Participant

Wow, some interesting models there + cool idea AB…
    Oh no! Must… Resist… Yet.. Another… New … Project… Aaahhh…

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.