Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket 6mm FPW Project

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    6mmwargaming
    Participant

Hi all

This is a slow burning project I started maybe 2-3 years ago. We started with a copy of the 1870 rules and I brought Prussians and my friend brought French. Since then I have added Bavarians and I plan to also paint French so I can field both sides. I want enough to do all the battles and for the Imperial period except for perhaps Mars la Tour and Gravelotte and I an also thinking about doing the Republican period with Greatcoat figures etc.

I’ll post pictures of the earlier stuff when I find them, but in the meantime I have been concentrating on Bavarians. So here is a couple of 1870 units along with some skirmish bases. All the figures are from Baccus and are 6mm.

Thanks for looking

vtsaogames
    Participant

Very nice! What frontage are the line bases?

By the way, I play this period in 15mm using Bloody Big Battles and find the Republican phase battles quite interesting.

This too shall pass

Very good show!

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

Axel Oxenstierna

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Thanks

The bases are 30mm. I use 1.5 strips of figures for the frontage.

Chris Pringle
    Participant

Bavarians – the best reason for getting a German 1870 army.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Those look great. The highlighting really ‘pops’. I hope you get lots of good gaming out of them.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Agreed the Bavarians are very colourful. I need to give them some flags to fninish them off.

Next is a couple units of Prussian Uhlans. In the 1870 rules it is only 2 bases per cavalry unit and I have gone with 4 figures per base for light cavalry and 5 figures per base for Heavy cavalry.

They are pretty quick to paint being small units so I can usually paint a few at a time.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Another thing about Bavarians: we played a campaign of most of the battles of that war. The Bavarians figure in many of the Imperial phase battles and most of the Republican phase battles. At the pivotal battle of Coulmiers, they provide all of the German infantry.

This too shall pass

McKinstry
    Participant

Looks great. How do you like the 1870 rules?

The tree of Life is self pruning.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I havent played them to be honest. They look okay ut its worth the price just for the amazing scenarios and info

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Prussian Dragoons. Nice bright uniforms but I probably should have used a different shade of blue to the Bavarians!

Cheers

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Next is a single unit of Prussian Hussars. Nice bright uniforms and these denote the 1st regiment

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I can’t believe its been 5 months since the last update ๐Ÿ™

But I have painted more figures and here is another 4 units of Bavarian infantry finished. I’m working my way through an entire corp of Bavarians for the 1870 rules and have almost finished the rest.

New regiments

Yellow facings (4th or 8th regiment)

Black facings (2nd or 11th regiment)

Rose Red facings (5th or 7th regiment)

Dark Green facings (13th or 14th regiment)

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by 6mmwargaming.
    McKinstry
    Participant

Really good work. I’m a 6mm fan and player and I like everything about your work.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

6mmwargaming
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.