Home Forums WWII 6mm late war Konrad II IABSM game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This I Ain’t Been Shot Mum game was really designed to fit in with the Viking month at GigaBites Café and to be played in under 3 hours max. The idea was taken from actions involving the SS Wiking div during their drive to relieve Budapest during Konrad II. On January 20, 1945, the 5th Company, SS Panzer Rgt 5 had just occupied a slope ridge covered with corn when they were attacked from the north by the 110th Tank Brigade. T34s and Panthers were the main armour.
    The table was dominated by a ridge in the center of the table with a farmstead. Most of the are is covered by old corn fields. The sky is overcast and roads are iced over. Snow covering is not deep.
    I couldn’t let the 28mm boys get all the Norse action.
    Link to flickr AAR https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming/albums/72157712876373686
    Mark

Tukrosmajor farm by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr
    One exploding T34 by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

And Panthers on the left by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Barn burning by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Tank riders push ahead by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Panthers on the left pulling back also by Mark Luther[/url], on Flickr

Participant

Great looking winter terrain.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

That was a great looking game.  Mildly amazed that the ’85s couldn’t take out at least 1 of the Panthers.  Smart for them to pull back before the crunchies got too close.  Do you think the ruskies could have done better had the mortars come into play earlier?  Either with smoke or hitting the pioneers?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Jess with the T34/85s just wasn’t getting the activations.  Along with the ISU122s.  Mortars would have been a problem if they got close to target.  As I said in the AAR, there was a definite stop time on the game.  Historically the Wiking did pull back after the mortars either smoked the are or set fires to limit visibility. Roads are icy so no quick getaways with the trucks either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.