Home Forums Alternate History Imagi-Nations 6mm Quar Horse and Musket project.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Now that Josh has brought out 6mm Royalists, I have been thinking: wouldn’t these be perfect for an Imagination campaign set in the late 1800s? Or, hell, in the 1700s for that matter.

I’m imagining Maurice or Longstreet played with armies of 6mm Quar. Does anyone have any of the new Royalists? Is my idea viable?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

I think, having now seen the actual figures, that they’re a little too modern for something that early – it could be my innate bias on them but they look rather more industrial than what you suggest, more like Franco-Prussian War at the earliest.  Both series seem to have a late-19th century to Great War styling, with maybe the Boer War being a good baseline, at least for the Crusaders.  They also are more dynamic than a rank-and-file black powder setup might imply.  Some conversion could be possible, though: plumes on the hats, for example, would be tedious but possible.

Yeah, late 1800s. Franco-Prussian War or U.S. Civil War. Exactly. The Royalists, I’m thinking here, not the Crusaders. The Crusaders are far too modern.

So did you get any Royalists in that 6mm Quar shipment?

Mr. Average
    Participant

I did – even they look a bit modern.  FPW/Boer War, I’d say.

Sounds about like what I want, then. Can you get a picture up showing all the poses? Do you think the cavalry can be modified to represent the late 19th century? Maybe chop out the guns and put in a lance…?

Mr. Average
    Participant

I set and primed the Croftyrans today, and I’m beginning to think you’re right.  There are eight different poses for the Rhyflers-of-the-line, and the squad leaders carry a sword.  The machine gunners would probably not be useful to you, nor the trench raiders.  The cavalry is an open question to me – they’re a little bit larger than the foot soldiers, though I pass that off as needing to be more muscular (in Quar terms) to keep a Cadier in line.  But they’re firing their carbines or swinging swords, so it’d take a little bit of doing to get them to be lancers.  They’re more like a Quar version of the Bushveldt Carbineers.

Well, I was thinking about something along those lines, anyhow. Are the carbines noticeably automatic?

Mr. Average
    Participant

Semi-auto, I’d think.  They’d be at home in the late-19th century.  They could probably pass as musket carbines, as well, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.