Home Forums Modern 6mm Rhodesian Infantry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all
    I’m looking for 6mm infantry armed with SLR/FN-FAL and FN-MAGs and wearing boonie hats, peak caps, berets or no headgear. These are to use as Rhodesian Light Infantry and Rhodesian African Rifles.
    Also, suitable 6mm figures for Selous Scouts (shorts, t-shirt, FN-FAL or AK-47).
    All the 6mm regulars I can find seem to be wearing helmets.
    Also, modern infantry mounted on horses with FN-FAL or AK-47 for Greys Scouts.
    Have decided not to go with 3mm for a Rhodesian Fireforce project and do it in 6mm instead, and have found everything I need in 6mm except the Rhodesian infantry.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

Scotia South African infantry are wearing boonies, and have what might be FALs. They’re not bad. The Irregular Miniatures 6mm Vietnam ranges has a couple of codes that might do too.

Participant

Thanks Jim, will check out SG. I’m going to start with H&R British in berets for Rhodesian African Rifles (because i can order them with my H&R Alouettes, Vampire, Dakota, etc) and expand to other regiments as I find suitable figures.
    The nice thing is that at a push I can use irregulars as Selous Scouts, as they often operated disguised as insurgents.
    I’ve never done 6mm before, but feel it is the right scale for a Fireforce game because of all the air assets. Looking forward to this one!
    Thanks again

Participant

If you don’t mind doing a bit of trimming and filing (and maybe squinting!), H&R ACW infantry might be useful. I’ve also used their ECW Scottish Musketeers as 20th Century infantry in berets, ditto Prussian Napoleonic landwehr. Their WW2 Afrika Korps infantry have peaked caps, and so do their modern Rebel infantry. Actually, looking at only pics of Rhodesian infantry, the latter might be pretty good, even if they (sort of) look like they are toting AKs. Sounds like an interesting project!

Participant

Ive thought about using Afrika Korps and 8th Army for shorts-wearing Rhodesians (Selous Scouts, INTAF and BSAP). Wouldnt have thought about using ECW or ACW troops, so thanks, I’ll take a look.
    These guys are all going to be dual-use, as they will be used for AK-47 Republic as well as whatever rules I decide to use for Fireforce.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.