Home Forums General Tabletop RPG’s 6mm Solo RPG

This topic contains 57 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Just Jack 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Thomaston
    Participant

Strange noise in the night brought the villagers out. Livestock were uneasy and rustling noise in the field hint at something out there.

A farmer moved to his plot, thinking he’d heard something and poked into it. A moment later spear points thrusted out and caught him in the torso, staggering back, he fell without a sound.

https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/115770/sq1s5marn7ll7lvp5xt091o1sl9kk151.png

Before his friends could act a group of shadows jumped out of the field and headed for them. Attacking the next closest of the villager they managed to wound him but in his surprise he swung his axe wildly and managed to clip one of the creature, sending it screeching back into the darkness. The remainder attacked him again, their attacked taking a toll and he too crumbled to the ground but not before taking another creature with him.

The remaining villagers seeing their friend in trouble shot arrows at the remaining creature and charged. Caught by surprise the creature somehow managed to stabbed the charging farmer in the neck, sending him gurgling to the ground.

The remaining man now alone and only armed with a bow noted how strangly human the creature was as he back away, getting stabbed in the process. But his arrow also scoring a hit on the creature’s thigh. He quickly shot another arrow but his shaking hands sent the arrow wide.

From his flank a flurry of arrows flew at him and the last thing he saw was an arrow stuck in his chest.

Her first night as raid leader didn’t go so well. A lurker got itself killed and another ran away, both were supposed to her the tribe’s most reliable and her bodyguard. The other group didn’t even come out until there was only one man left and she thought she was going to die. She might still die, if she don’t get the arrow in her thigh out and her wound treated. Wounded she could only grab a few chicken and lagged behind the others as they head back to the tribe. It’ll be a few weeks before she could go out raiding again, that is the tribe doesn’t eat her first.

Tired is enough.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Agreed!  Great to read from the “enemies” POV.  Keep it coming!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Great to see all your little men and women in action 🙂

greg954
    Participant

Thanks for the AAR. You’ve got all the ingredients of a fine game

Thomaston
    Participant

Thanks guys. I feel like you’re giving this too much credit, I guarantee you it’ll disapoint you in the future.
    This was actually the second play, the first time I totally forgotten teh rules and had to go do some reading, 4 farmers did defend their farm with only 2 getting wounded.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Thomaston.

Tired is enough.

Thomaston
    Participant

Hanan had been waiting for his friend since early morning, knowing the Axeman would head to a tavern as soon as he wakes.

As expected the drunkard turns up stinking of the gutter so much it covers any trace of ale.

“You sober?” Hanan sneered

“Too sober to want to see your face first thing in the morning!” Gord sneered back, his breath stank even more than his clothes.

“WE might have a job, you want to do it or stay here and drink?”

“A job you say! Does it pay?” looking suspiciously at his friend.

“Maybe! Hopefully!”

“Baah, what is a job if it doesn’t pay?” Gord spat.

“There’s a rumor! Some village to the West has some trouble, if we’re quick about it we might deal with it and get paid before the town send some guards.” Hanan explained.

“Rumor! Village! A big MAY BE! nothing says we’re going to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!” Gord mocked.

“Are you coming or not?” Hanan asked, annoyed.

“YOfcourse I am, not like I have any money left anyway.”

Leaving the town of Gershon, the town guards watch them go happy to see them leave.

The journey was uneventful until they were in the wilderness.
    Someone had blocked the road, despite being a dunk and spending the last month in town Gord’s instinct was as sharp as ever and he had his axe out before Hanan even noticed the baracade.

Gord looked around but couldn’t see where the bandits were hiding.
    Their surprise partialy lost the bandits rushed out before their plan was totally ruined.

Two bandits appeared from the left and slammed into Hanan, expecting him to go down easily but the old mercenary fell back on his experience and stood his ground.

He got cut up a little but held his ground, shouting back over his shoulder.
    “Gord help me!”

An arrow flew by him, it would have hit if he hadn’t turned to call his friend.

Hanan turned back and took a swing at a bandit, who tried to block the blow at the last moment but his sword broke and Hanan’s blade sank into the man’s collar, and the bandit slumped with the blow.

Seeing Hanan call Gord the bandit with the bow switch to the axeman and took a shot. Gord staggered, an arrow stuck in his shoulder but continued forward taking a swing at the blond bandit fighting Hanan.
    His injured shoulder ruined his swing and it hit the bandit’s shield, taking the shield off the man’s arm.

Gord Didn’t stop but let his momentum carry his charge to the archer, although disadvantaged by lower ground he managed to hit the bandit in the thigh.

The blond bandit lost his balance fromm Gord’s attack and Hanan jumped him, they grappled for what felt like forever, the bandit seemed like he was trying to say something before Hanan strangled him to death.

Searching for his friend Hanan saw the last bandit was injured and scrambling away from the edge of the bank. Gord couldn’t climb and follow with his injured shoulder. Hanan circled around to block the bandit’s escape route and brought his sword down on the unexpecting man.

But his sword got caught on a branch.

“Wait! Wait! Mercy!” the bandit begged.

Hanan took the man’s bow and broke it under his foot.

“What do you have to say?”

The bandit paused and terror almost receedng from his face.

“Wait! I’m a southerner too, I’m from Hershville!” the bandit couldn’t speak fast enough.

Hanan and Gord looked at eachother.

“Deserter?” Hanan asked

“Not before Black Oak, afterwards, everyone’s a deserter!”

“Where were you at Black Oak?” Gord asked less hostile.

“I was on the left, under Captain Shorn from The Blue Company. We didn’t know you were southeners not until you spoke just now!”

Hanan looked at Gord and they both laughed.

“Next time ask before you attack someone!” offering the injured man his hand, “sorry about your friends.”

The bandit face sadden “Comes to us all sooner or later, they’re in better place now.”

“We better take a look at your leg.” Gord nodded at wound he caused.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Thomaston.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Interesting solidarity they have there.  Now I want to know what happened at Black Oak!  Gimme the fluuuuuuff!

Thomaston
    Participant

You’ll have to wait for the HBO prequel series.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Oh dang, I just got JRR’d.  Lol!

I really do like these little snippets, and they do make me hungry for the deeper background.  Keep them coming!

Oh, and that little town scene was super cool!

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

A really interesting little bit, thanks for putting it up here 🙂

Now I want to know about Black Oak too!

Just Jack
    Participant

You’re stuff is always so cool and clean.  To have but half your creativity…

Anyway, great narrative you’ve got going there, thanks for posting and looking forward to more.

V/R,
    Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Teeve had been travelling for weeks. A group of villagers had made offerings at a shrine, asking for help and the words had been passed to her. As a priestess of Adena it’s her duty to answer all such request, though she doubt these villagers truely worship Adena. It is less common now to worship the old gods, eversince the Empire took over the region. But people will ask for help from who ever they can regardless.
    Teeve was irritated, she’d seen it so many times before in her years as a priestess and still haven’t been able to come to terms with it, unlike some of her sisters.

Coming to a straight stretch of the road she spotted three figures walking her way, tensing up and a hand on her weapon’s hilt she nodded as they came closer.
    The odd trio looks to be mercenaries, bandits would have drawn their weapons by now and all three were injured, bandits would have stayed hidden in their camp.

They steped to one side and nodded to her in turn, their hands also on their weapons. The bald and best dressed of the three greeted her.

“Fine day, milady”

Teeve noted he avoided her honorific, despite the recognition in his eyes and the other two maintained a slight slough as if bowing to her presence.

“Fine day, good sirs” she played along and held her blessing.

“It’s a dangerous time to be travelling alone in these land.”

The man is a southerner, his accent seeping through despite his effort to hide it.

“I’m in search of a village in need of help, have you heard of it?” she see no reason to give them the name of her destination, to be safe.

The men looked at each other, the scruffy axeman looked particularly annoyed.

“Would that be bandit trouble you be thinking of?” the bald one asked.

“Wilderness trouble” Teeve said simply, as soon as she did she saw confirmation in their eyes and the men relaxed a little.

“We’re heading to a village ourselves but to deal with bandits, we didn’t hear anything about wild attacks”

“Thank you, then, I’ll be on my way”

As she nudge her horse forward the man almost whispered in parting.

“Praise the old gods!”

“Adena guards you!” she replied instinctively and was annoyed she was so careless.

Teeve reached her destination a few days later. The village of Hogwheat looked sparse, she saw mainly women walking about and noted several new headstones in the distance.
    As she got closer the women gathered at the center of the village though keeping their distance, none show her deferance worshippers of the old gods would.

An old man came out to greet her, no doubt the village elder.

“Praise the old gods, priestess!” he said the last word almost as a question.

“Adena guards you!” holding out her hand to stop the man from continuing with the ritualistic greeting “I was told you had some wilding trouble?”

“Yes priestess, it will be two weeks tomorrow night, we were beginning to think nobody would come.” the old man began to drone.

“Adena always answers prayer” Teeve cut him off with more than a little pride in her voice and hoped it was enough to remind these people servants of the old gods still roam the land, “tell me about this trouble.”

After a long disjointed account of the attack with many onlookers chiming in with details, Teeve was able to stitch together roughly what happened.
    Lurkers had attacked the village and she reminded herself of the tribes that roam these areas but she needed to be sure. Nobody take too well at being accused of a crime they didn’t commit, but noone could tell her the specific details she needed to identify the tribe and after two weeks any tracks or evidence would have disappeared.

“you could try the Buca farm to the south, they’re closer to the woods and might have heard something!” A woman in the crowd shouted.

Teeve nodded and out of habit quickly mounted her horse, eager to get out of the village. It’s a dangerous time for those like her to linger around settlements. She headed south along a trail she was told would lead to the Buca farm and found it raided.

Looking around she could see tracks that were a few days old and signs of fighting.
    Teeve traced the distinctive tracks of lurkers and tried to put together what happened.

The lurkers came from across the stream but the occupants had some kind of warning and came out to fend them off.
    They shot arrows at each other, the villagers seemed to be winning, forcing the lurkers to cross and fight them up close.

Lurkers swarmed one of the defenders and brought him down quickly before going for the next one.

They fought but didn’t kill the second person. Managed to escape, maybe, maybe it was too hard of a fight and the lurkers gave up.

The lurkers looted the house and wolves probably took care of the bodies.

One curious thing she noticed right away was a human track amongst the lurkers, this was something new and gotten her interest.

Stopping to ponder the task ahead, Teeve realized she’ll need help and decided to leave a note requesting assistance at the next shrine she passes.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Thomaston.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Oooo, interesting!  A human savage or outcast leading the Lurkers, or perhaps one that was raised by them as one of their own…?  Looking forwards to seeing how this one plays out!

Just Jack
    Participant

Awesome, a flashback!  Ya know, I’m not generally interested in stuff like this, but you’ve drawn me in.  Great pics and great storytelling!

What now? Track them? Will we see more of the mercenaries?  I’m assuming the village and the Buca Farm are stand alone, permanent terrain pieces, look to be on a circular base?  If that’s true, how big across?  You’re figures are awesome, but your tables/terrain absolutely fascinate me, and I keep trying to pretend I could do something similar.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Thanks guys.
    As usual I’m over ambitious with my projects and this campaign could crash and burn very easily. Also trying to pace myself to one game a week at most to not burn myself out.

The combat this time was anti climatic, it was over in one round. I was expecting it to last a while since the lurkers weren’t all that reliable last time they fought but they easily overpowered the two defenders.

@DSG
    You’ve got to wait and see 😀
    I’m actually interested in seeing how it plays out as well.

@Just Jack
    Next episode will be about the mercs.
    Yup, the terrain are kind of a mini diorama, on a 4″ base. I got them from the bottom of a tin of nuts.
    https://static.openfoodfacts.org/images/products/00937900/front_fr.4.full.jpg

There’s better pictures of the terrain here, at the bottom and the next page.

RPG miniatrure sculpting WIP

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Thomaston,

Very cool, and you’d better not burn out on this or some of the boy will have to come visit to convince you otherwise 😉

But you need to get back to the aerial mercs, too!

I just went back through the five pages of that terrain/sculpting post.  Man, you’ve got a real talent, plain and simple. Those pics make me wish there was something similar I could do with samurai and ninjas and peasants…

And it’s got me looking at micro-gaming options for some single-based 6- or 10mm troops I’ve got lying around.  I’ve often thought of this after seeing a blog about “pizza-base gaming,” the idea that there’s really no maneuver in the game, you’re beginning with the opposing sides on top of each other, already in contact.

Too many projects…

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Aerial stuff is on hold, I can’t figure out how to run the complex campaign I got myself into without too much record keeping.

You have a link to the pizza-base gaming? I’d like to steal some ideas.

Yup too many projects. As soon as I stopped the fantasy sculpting I was already prepping for a modern firefight project. Still waiting for supplies to arive so I can start making terrain.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Well, you need to hurry up and get unstuck with the aerial mercs, it’s too cool an idea, and you had too cool of minis and terrain for it 😉

Sorry man, I saw that ‘pizza-base- stuff years ago and have searched for it a couple times since with no luck.  There really wasn’t much to it, just the idea that the game was starting at the point Side A was being ambushed, or Side B was opening fire to launch its attack, so close range and immediately into the fight, not spending several turns to come to grips with the enemy.

Modern firefight, you say?  Okay, we need a shift in focus to right *here* 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

the idea that there’s really no maneuver in the game, you’re beginning with the opposing sides on top of each other, already in contact

That idea went into FNG 3rd Ed after many people had stated they wanted a fast-play style option for Vietnam Skirmish.  I enjoy the maneuver to contact in an attempt to gain some sort of advantage but I can also see how having the action start right off is appealing to many.

Those pics make me wish there was something similar I could do with samurai and ninjas and peasants…

<— OH YES, THIS!!!!

Fighting burnout can be a tough thing.  Hopefully we cheerleaders can keep you going!  But, sometimes it is best to take a break from a project for a little bit and come back a little later (as long as you do come back!), sometimes you’re just too close to it and putting all the effort into a project can make actually playing it feel like a chore.  Just remember the whole point is to exercise the mind and to have fun doing it!  And if we enjoy the reports and fruits of your labors then more’s the better!  🙂

Just Jack
    Participant

Darby,

Yeah, I enjoy the pre-battle maneuvering as well, the ‘pizza base’ idea was to get more games in (great for campaigns) by making them faster and in smaller spaces (to speed up setup and takedown).

So, now that there are two of us we can bully Thomaston into samurai, ninjas, and peasants.  Or beg.  I don’t mind either way.

Last night I spent an hour sorting through 10mm minis I have lying around, trying to figure out something I could do that would fit into one of my campaigns’ context.  I really want to try something out, but I’ve also realized that my terrain is a problem; I play a lot in 10mm, but almost all my terrain is 15mm!  It doesn’t look bad (in my opinion) for company-sized fights, but when you’re playing skirmish, and the camera is up nice and close, I fear it’s going to look terribly over-sized…

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Samurai, ninja and peasents.
    I did look around for Japanese castles a few months back thinking of turning it into Gershon, even added some to the shopping basket. One of my nmany campaign ideas was a small steampunk samurai clan wars, with lots of changing allegiance and as much diplomacy as battles.

@DSG
    I didn’t know there was an FNG 3rd ed, is that the same as FNG: Tour of Duty?

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

C’mon, samurai, ninjas, and peasants are too cool.  After your modern firefight and aerial mercs, or concurrently, perhaps ;). I’ve got to find some…

So I took the plunge for ‘Tiny Ground Combat.’ Last night I grabbed some 10mm US and Germans for some super small WWII.  I cleaned them up and primed them black, pretty sure I can get them to an acceptably “okay” standard, but I’m not sure at all what I’m going to do about terrain.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

10mm/12mm used to be my go to scale until I wanted to add vehicles, I used terrain I made for 15mm and it was dine (to me at least). 15mm terrain is better than no terrain. An advice about painting, don’t feel the need to stick to uniform colors, maybe a soldier picked up a jacker with diferent color or a rifle is more worn and weathered than others, it’ll help with ID

For clarification 10mm doesn’t come close to Tiny Ground Combat.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

@DSG I didn’t know there was an FNG 3rd ed, is that the same as FNG: Tour of Duty?

Very different.  Uses the latest core mechanics and has 2 modes of play: normal skirmish (still a bit fast play) and “battleboard” (which is really fast play).  Works great for people that want to get a couple of fights done in an evening.

Last night I grabbed some 10mm US and Germans for some super small WWII

Pffft, 10mm ain’t small!  I’d say 6mm is as small as you can really go for skirmish, though I did have a fever one day and try it in 3mm.  Didn’t work as I lost a couple of the characters after they fell into the carpet.  (found them later, via vacuum!  You know that sound….)

Just Jack
    Participant

Darby -Indeed I do!

Thomaston – Yeah, 10mm is kinda my go-to, favorite scale, so I had some lying around. I’d have preferred to go 6mm, and I’ve got a lot of those lying around as well, but they’re GHQ and so a bit spindly, whereas I wanted something more robust, like yours.

”For clarification 10mm doesn’t come close to Tiny Ground Combat.”

Touche! You’ve definitely proven that, I remember you posting the 3mm skirmish.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

@DSG

I can’t find FNG 3ed on THW website.

@Jack

You discovered H&R infantry at least, Baccus also does WWII infanty in similar style.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Yeah, I like HR, particularly the new ones, but I wish there were more poses.  I was actually on Baccus’ website last night; the problem is, I’m impatient, so I’ve already begun.  I’m thinking about ordering some more Minifigs 10mm Special Forces, and/or French.

It never ends…

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

I totoally forgot to mention Brigade models, their infantry are the chunkiest and probably more the size of my sculpts and wouldn’t mix with H&R and Baccus but I like them. The two sets that could pass for modern and ultra modern are here. You only get 6 poses though.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/6mmSF/SAC/SF300-670.html

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/6mmSF/Polish/SF300-1370.html

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

@DSG I can’t find FNG 3ed on THW website.

Forgot that it was renamed just before launch: https://www.twohourwargames.com/vietnam.html

Latest has the cover with the chopper over sunset.

Edit: there is also an updated version of Unconventional Warfare.  The bundle is an excellent deal!   And forgot to mention there is a kind of RPG lite section in FNG 3 called “Saturday Night Saigon”, spicy stuff and complications to get up to when you’re not in the field.

Just Jack
    Participant

Hmmm, those Brigade Models are kinda nifty.

Damn, just noticed the FNG stuff is on sale, might have to jump in.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

The band arrives at the village and Gord groaned as they saw villagers happily going about their lives. Hannan side eyed him irritated.

“What!!? It’s your lead, now we’re weeks from anywhere and no coins in our pockets” Gord said it anyway.

The new guy Lett pointed his bow at a villager coming their way. The man came to them with a jolly smile.

“Good day, travellers!” waving at them cheerfully.

Unaccustomed at the friendliness the three mumbled back but the man paid no attention continuing to speak.

“We were looking for a village that had bandit trouble” Hannan cut in.

“Yes, yes that be us, bandits had been attacking us for months, good thing the local guard camp send guards over and took care of them a week a go, maybe two weeks” the man looked thoughtful for a moment “yes about two weeks now!”

Hannan could feel Gord about to groan again

“Do you know any villages around here that might need a helping hand?” rushing it out before Gord could groan.

Gord sneered.

“No… no… I can’t think of anyone around here with bandit problems” the man replied after thinking very hard, “the guards really did good work with those bandits I doubt any will be coming back as long as the guard camp still stand.” he smiled broadly at the last.

Gord groaned and Lett joined him at the mention of the guards even Hannan looked like he was going to as well.

“Say, if you don’t mind the kind of work we do have some normal work we need help with” the villager offered.

Hannan hope rose and looked at his companions to gage their reaction. Gord looked unimpressed but Lett brightened up.

“I wouldn’t say no to any work as long as it come with meals, boarding and coins!” Lett said in a questioning tone.

“That’s a lot to ask but I think we can work something out, we definitely could use a good hand with axes.” the man nodded at Gord still smiling and led the group into village, “this way friends!”

“This is queer, somethign is wrong here” Gord whispered to Hannan once the villager was a little distance away.

“You just saying that because you don’t like hard honest work!” Hannan spat back.

“Could be worst, we could be stuck on a hill cut from supplies and attacked in the middle of the night!” Lett chimed in.

“You two disgust me!” Gord sneered.

I was ready for some combat, but the dice god spoke differently.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

I’m with Gord, something is wrong here.  Not sure what, I don’t believe the talkative villager is the human with the lurkers, though I’ve been wrong before…

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

To break the intrigue a bit I’m playing this by the dice so I don’t know what will happen either, roleplaying Gord the way he is. Hanan is supposed to be the smart one though. The only one I don’t have a back story for is Lett, he’s a twist I haven’t prepared for but being a Black Oak survivor helps.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ya, this villager sure isn’t afraid of strangers.  Either he’s over confident because of the guard camp, is a bandit himself, or has nefarious plans for travelers.  The possibility that he’s just a happy guy living a happy life is waaaay against all odds. 

I love that this is all rolled rather than planned.

Just Jack
    Participant

Sounds pretty cool, I’m looking forward to see how it develops.

I’m working on trying to figure out something similar for Vietnam-style patrolling actions, mixing together Joe Legan’s “Platoon Forward” for solo play with the Lardies’ Chain of Command.

V/R,
    Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

@Jack
    Why not simply go with FNG? That thing is a solo Vietnam patrol machine.

Erska had been travelling for a week, she was tired and was not a happy bunny. An urgent request for assistance had arrived at the temple and despite Erska being middling in her seniority and abilities, more capable acolytes were taking their trials to become priestesses and and so she was chosen for this task. At first she was excited she would have the chance to do her duty for Adena, now she wondered if this wasn’t a joke. She had expected to be sent to a far away shrine that was short on people but her instructions were strange and specific.

She was to travel to a village called Hogwheat, make camp outside the village and wait for the priestess to find her. Further more she was to avoid all settlements and people, especially guards. Most importantly don’t tell anyone she serves Adena. She thought it very strange since villagers should be happy to see servants of Adena and make offereings for the goddess’ blessing.

The sound of rustling brush and alerted birds brought her back to her suroundings and she was aware something dangerous was coming. Her skitishness saved her, looking around she noticed something hiding behind a bush and instead of investigating she ran.

Erska didn’t lok back but she could sense whatever was chasing her was gaining but weren’t trying to catch her, more like hearding her. Luckily she came to a clearing and in the distance were palisade walls. Forgetting ehr instructions she headed towards safety.

The guards waved at her, beckoning her to them and join their defensive line. erska was puzzled by this, they should be able to handle the three lurkers chasing her. A loud war cry resounded. Erska glanced passed her pursuers and saw a much larger warband. Reluctantly she joined the defense.

They stood for a long time waiting for the attack. A wave of arrows showered them but the guard’s shields easily blocked them. Then came the charge, most of the lurkers came at them in one large mass. She wanted to run but before she knew it the wave hit them and she was pushed back. The line held and one by one the guards cut a lurker down. Erska even got in a blow of her own, bloodying the rusty blade the temple issued her. She was about to cry in triamph when another wave of arrows came and injured a guard. The guards pushed forward at the thinned down warband. The majority of their warriors cut down the rest of the warband scattered as the guards closed, sending back sporadic arrows injuring another guard.

(the combat here was anti-climatic, lurkers lost every roll, but that’s how weak they are)

Taking care of their wounded a guard looked at Erska with a slightly approving nod.
    “You’re alright! Go talk to the Adjutant!” pointing towards the tent within the walls.

Erska did as she was instructed, completely forgetting her instructions in the exceitment and chaotic event.

“Who are you?” A lady in golden armor asked, she looked very important.

“I’m Erska! I… erm looking for… going to Hogwheat” she said unsure how to carry herself in the presence of someone so important.

“Erska!? Strange name I’ve never heard a name like that before, Southerner?”

“No lady, I’m from the Peaks, mother named me after a local heroine…” Erska stopped herself before she said too much.

“The Peaks!? Can’t say I’ve been around that parts, in any case I appriciate your help with the defense, I’m Garette Adjutant of this camp and this is my handmaide, Ella!” tipping her head to the armored lady behind her.

Ella was as impressively dressed and wears a perpetual frown on her face.

“Hogwheat you say?” Lady Garette went on oblivious to the other two “I’ve never been there either!”

Ella eyes her Lady with what loked like dread or resignation.

“I know! We’ll take you there, a patrol is due to leave in a few days, WE’LL escort you!!!!!”

“Weeeeee milady!!!!!?” Ella said in an almost scolding tone.

“Yes, ‘WE’ will escort Eaa…essss… ESKA” Garette said seeming closest to being unsure.

“Erska” the acolyte corrected. Her face paling as she remmebered her instructions. She saw that Ella had noticed her change in expression and held her protest or appear susprcious.

“It’s decided we’ll make a patrol in force, make our round and add Hogwheat to our route!” as if she remembered there were other people around for the first time Garette turned to Ella “Make it happen Ella! Tell the sergeant to make preparations I will do an inspection before we leave in… tomorrow!!”

Ella sighed visibly, cocking her head to Erska to follow as Lady Garette walked back into the tent proclaiming how great she was at her duties and how adventurous it’ll be to go on patrol.

Tired is enough.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Dude, this is so excellent.  these little dios are fantastic and I really like how you did the camp.

Just Jack
    Participant

Pretty cool, though the Lurkers did go down awful easily, particularly given there were two waves of them.

I suspect some personal bias against the freedom-loving Lurkers, who only wish to tend their fields, raise their children, and bask in the beauty of the glen on a sunny day, perhaps bathe in a cool brook unmolested. It was only a matter of time before they rose up to throw off the yoke of oppression wielded by Lady Garette and her ilk, to say nothing of the pagan-worshipping Erska.

Perhaps Ella is there to help them change their misguided ways?

See, two can play your little games, Sir! 😉

In all seriousness, cool stuff, looking forward to seeing where our new characters take us.

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Thanks, as ususal I realized after I took teh photo how the colors really look. I should have painted the palisade more brown.

@Jack

You have no idea how you just spoiled the entire plot. Now I know what script writer feels like when their movies are spoiled.

Tired is enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.