Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm Star Trek Ground Operations?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

Being stuck indoors, my mind wanders, and my gaze fell upon some unfinished 6mm scale miniatures. GZG, Khurssan, and Microworld Foundationist Tanks and Infantry in fact. And suddenly it occurred to me – what a hell of a force for a Federation Ground Combat Group in the Klingon or Dominion Wars.

So I’m going to do it. Anyone want to offer some thoughts on color schemes? Would the Federation use camouflage? What rules to use?  The mind boggles…

Photos soon!

Thaddeus BlanchetteThaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Federation uses white and projects whatever camouflage they want on it.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

wouldn’t they all be redshirts?  😀

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mr. Average
    Participant

Way ahead of you on that one – red breastplates on the combat armor.  Otherwise, how will the Klingons know where to aim their disruptors?

JohnJohn
    Participant

Plenty of Body Armour around in the TOS movies: art like this would be very useful!

To model the effect of Nuclear weapons on the wargaming table, apply jerry can of fuel to board, light match and stand well back.

Mr. Average
    Participant

That’s a pretty great resource there!  All of a sudden I’m second guessing and maybe thinking of using Khurasan Neo-Sovs as my Federation troops.  Maybe they’ll be Starfleet Security, and the Federal Army guys will be my Starfleet Tactical Active Response forces, the upgraded unit that replaced the MACOs in my made-up shut-in universe.

The Yenpalo from Brigade would make great “Humanoid Alien” forces – they speak to me as Cardassian Mechanized Infantry troops, somehow.

Logain
    Participant

That drawing reminds me of Microworld’s New Terra infantry with their visors. GZG Kra’vak for Klingons?

Mr. Average
    Participant

Good call on the Kra’vak! They definitely look Klingon-esque.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.