Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm Star Wars?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

I think I’ve seen people doing this but can’t seem to quite locate where. In any case, it came to my attention this week when a friend of mine sent me a link to someone who’s done some interesting 3D models of Star Wars ground vehicles at something close to 1/300 scale. And it struck me that, although there is an anti-Sci Fi and anti-6mm scale bias at the club (starting ever so slightly to thaw), there is a huge interest in Star Wars. Odd, that.

So what about 6mm scale Star Wars? Interesting thought… Said the guy who comes up with a new project every week. Nevertheless, I have a lot of extra bits on hand that I suddenly realized would serve such a thing very well. For example, Plasmablast Marhafi tanks would be great stand-ins for unseen, yet probable, Rebel armored vehicles. And Microworld Foundationists could be pretty reasonable Stormtroopers. The old Renegade Legion grav tanks would be good Imperial repuslortanks, and of course, the availability of 3d printed AT-AT and AT-ST walkers would serve very well.  Not to mention that Darkest Star Federation Mid-Tech infantry and Kurasan Red Faction troops would be great Rebel soldiers. And apart from the imperial walkers, I happen to have all of these things on hand already, so that’s a nice bonus.

And most importantly, some generic Sci Fi rules like Strike Legion or Dirtside can, I feel sure, be worked into a shape for such an undertaking.

Anyone have thoughts on this? An interesting side-project. Someone else must have tried it, I feel sure…

Angel Barracks

Irregular Miniatures do jawas and stormtroopers.
    Plus the odd droid as used by Ishtar the Merchant as seen HERE.

I would love to see a 6mm Mos Eisley.
    Hint.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Mos Eisley, eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Angel Barracks

Well, you’re a man of the world, squire.

Northern Monkey
    Participant

Hi Mr Average, I started doing some Star wars in 6mm as a side project, there are a couple of posts on my blog about it:

http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/a-long-time-ago-on-blog-far-far-away.html

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yes! I knew I’d seen it somewhere – it was your blog!

I don’t happen to have any Irregular parts on hand, but I have scrounged enough from other projects to get a small Rebel strike force, including four R7-C all-terrain transports and two T5-T battle tanks.  To oppose them I have a good number of Stormtroopers together, including some special weapons: proton missile launcher teams, plasma torch squads, thermal grenades and heavy support blasters. I’d like to base them in squads, and my goal is to use something reasonably flavorful and infantry-friendly for rules (that is, nongeneric) – probably Strike Legion will be my go to on this occasion.

The Rebels are already half painted, and the Imperial forces are about to get a coat of flat black for starters. If I like the feeling I get from what I have I’ll consider some more forces, but for now I’m confining it to what I can find on the lead pile here at home.

I’m imagining the early stages of an anti-Imperial insurrection on the planet Relian Kru. Rebel strike teams are sneaking down to the planet to hit some key Imperial installations and try to throw the Empire off-balance. But they may be finding themselves unprepared for the strength of the Empire’s response: things have a way of unfolding exactly as the Emperor has foreseen…

Mr. Average
    Participant

…you rebel scum…

Angel Barracks

Question…
    Given that in the films the ST can’t shoot straight, will you refelct this in the games or will you assume they are actually competent?

Mr. Average
    Participant

Depends on the system I end up using, but basically a skill buff for the Rebels will make them few in number but higher accuracy and firepower, while the Stormtroopers are greater in number but lower quality.

Or I might just make them evensies on some level and let the game play out.

sean lone
    Participant

Mr Average

check this out a Star Wars themed Army on the tac comms website

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24357

Regards

Sean

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.