Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm Traders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Darkest Star Games Darkest Star Games 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Here’s a tease of the first of my 6mm space craft, a Venturian Small Trader:

Had Charles Oines work on this while I attended to 6mm versions of the Garrhul grav tanks.  All have been sent off to the printer!  Hopefully my caster will get my last bit of new stuff wrapped up so he can then get on these!

There is also a human Free Trader and Garrhul Raider Scout in the works, as well as “small craft”.

On a design note, the few panel lines is intentional.  In the DS ‘verse most of the major powers make use of “3d printing” type technology (but vastly superior of course), so large sections can be manufactured as single components then put together. So this means that lower-tech vehicles and ships will have many more panel lines and greeblies than advanced ones.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mr. Average
    Participant

I love it, I kiss it, it’s beautiful! No idea what I’d use it for but I’ve long wanted to build a Traveller-esque Force from DS models – I better start saving up!

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

I would love to see that painted, but I fear to do it justice would mean an airbrush and masking tape and stencils.
    But how very pretty it would be.

Reminds me a bit of Thunderbird 2.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I love it, I kiss it, it’s beautiful!

Thanks man!  We had a lot of back and forth on this and I think it hits dead-on.

I would love to see that painted, but I fear to do it justice would mean an airbrush and masking tape and stencils. But how very pretty it would be.

Probably for best results, but I also know you can be a wizard with a brush so don’t fret.  A lot of people are intimidated by large open surface areas, especially when it comes to brush painting but at this scale I feel that paint jobs don’t need to be tidy as much as they need to be consistent.  Those SF3D/Ma.K guys do a heck of a lot of brush painting over large open areas and I think their secret is several thin layers (but then they weather the heck out of them!)

Reminds me a bit of Thunderbird 2

I can totally see that!  The initial concept though was lifted from the Ninz class from an old FASA product: Adventure Class Ships deckplans: 

Robert Foran
    Robert Foran
    Participant

I love it, AWESOME!!!! 

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Just heard my resin caster is closing down.  Might be an issue production wise…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.