Home Forums WWII 6mm Winter WWII and a Caen Update

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Just Jack 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Got some more 6mm WWII work done this weekend.  One of the advantages of leaving your vehicles unbased is that you can use those same vehicles for summer, winter, desert, mountains, urban, etc…  However, the same is not true of infantry (and how I do guns), so I needed some WWII infantry and guns specially done up for wintertime.  I had some GHQ Soviet 57mm ATGs lying around, and I picked up a few packs of GHQ WWII US Marines, and…

Voila!  I now have winter infantry and guns.  I really hope I’m not offending anyone’s miniatures sensibilities, but I’m not bothered in the least by using WWII Marines as winter Allies, Soviets, and Germans.  In any case, here’s what I’ve got: each side has six guns and 28 infantry stands, consisting of rifle teams, light MGs, and light mortars.  Technically, I still need some winter HQ elements and winter towed artillery, but I figure, in a pinch, I could use singleton tanks or trucks as HQ elements and only SP arty to play a game.

To see a bunch of closeups of this force, and some pics 6mm troops I finished this weekend for Caen, please check the blog at:

https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2019/06/6mm-winter-wwii-and-caen-update.html?m=1

So, getting some work done.  I played some skirmish games for Cuba Libre, kinda dinky though, so I’ll probably combine them all into one batrep, working on getting it posted.

Oh, and once again I’ve identified that I have absolutely too much stuff, so I’m about to have a massive sale, lots stuff that’s going cheap.  I’ll ship anywhere, but that can get quite expensive for outside the Continental US.  I’ll be posting here soon.

As always, thanks for looking, and I’d love to hear from you in the comments.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Sounds good. I may be interested in painted 15mm stuff.

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote-John, I’ll let you know.  Maybe some WWII Brits and Germans, though not all of it is painted.  Not sure what else in 15mm; there might be some 15mm modern/Vietnam-era multi-based troops.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.