Home Forums Air and Sea Air 6mm WWII aircraft gallery.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    MikeMike
    Keymaster

Very nice, do like the chrome effect on that plane, any special paint?

Thomaston
    Participant

I really enjoy reading the background of each aircraft. The painting is good too, especially the yellow.

Tired is enough.

Dave CroweDave Crowe
    Participant

No special paint. It’s an old Citadel Mithril Silver still going strong from the 90s. I just base  and ink wash and then tidy up with another coat. It’s pretty forgiving stuff.

Yellows are always a base of white with a yellow ink on top. Really pops that way.

Thanks for looking. Glad you enjoy both the minis and the history. The two go hand in hand for me. There really isn’t one without the other.

zippyfusenet
    Participant

Your posts are always inspiring, Dave. Thanks for putting on another show.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Gaz045
    Participant

Latecomer to the party!

But just WOW! Very inspiring photos and superb modelling and painting! Might have to revisit my BoB collection and China ’37 planes……

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Rhys HumphreyRhys Humphrey
    Participant

What a brilliant thread. I’ve read it all through with fascination and joy. Thank you for the history and the photos. Brilliant!

http://thegreatspaceopera.wordpress.com/

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Dave,

A particularly timely topic from you as I am winding up my Pacific forces and float planes are already in my Scotia basket. How fiddly were the Rufe and Jake to assemble?

Your work is once again fantastic and it´s always a pleasure to read your posts.

Dave CroweDave Crowe
    Participant

Thank you kindly all. Especially anyone who has just read through all four pages of the gallery. That’s some amount of reading. Two cups of tea and at least 4 biscuits worth I reckon.

Patrick, both Rufe and Jake are pretty straight forward to assemble. Nothing too fiddly there. The Rufe has those very spindly outriggers though which will bend easily if you’re not careful. You could replace the struts with stiffer wire if they’re set for a lot of table time. But that I will admit would be a fiddly job.

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. It is indeed those spindly outriggers that set off the fiddly alarm. 🙂 I´m only getting three Rufes so hopefully my patience can last that long!

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.