Home Forums General Blogs A Christmas Day review of 2020 wargaming

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A Christmas day read – reviewing wargaming in 2020. I started recording this in January, having no idea what a strange year 2020 would become.

If you have a bit of spare time on Christmas Day, this gentle ramble might interest.

LINK
    http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-2020-wargaming-year.html

Participant

Excellent stuff Norm and thanks for taking the time and effort to do this!

Participant

Norm, that was an excellent post.  It was a nice read that filled my quieter moments through the day; thanks for sharing your year and Merry Christmas.

Participant

Merry Christmas thanks for sharing and also inspiring me to start my own blog for 2021.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Participant

Thanks for that Norm, you’ve clearly put a lot into that blog post.  Unfortunately for me, as I scrolled down it took on the ‘wall of text’ appearance, and when the slider showed that I was only a short way into the post I stopped reading.  My loss, I’m sure.  Maybe breaking it into instalments would have helped my goldfish attention span.  I did zoom to near the bottom and read your ‘Cobra’ paragraph.  If it’s the SPI game that you are referring to then I am in full agreement with you.  I’ve had so much enjoyment from that game, and even though I haven’t played it in about 40 years now it still sticks in the memory.

My 2020 can be summed up as;

Bought an awful lot of stuff

Made hardly any if it

Played with even less of it

Congrats Norm on achieving so much this year. 🙂

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

Great post! I am impressed by your diligent record keeping. I think tracking what I have painted and played and worked on is something I want to try for 2021.

Participant

Thank you Norm for an excellent read and review of this year.

Stay safe, happy gaming one and all.

Participant

Thanks all, I appreciate you time in looking and commenting. I think 2021 is going to be a ‘doing’ year, there is just so much out there 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.