Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy A Dark Shadow in the Hills – Dragon Rampant AAR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My son and I have had a couple of games of the most excellent Dragon Rampant over the last month or so. We already had a few games of Lion Rampant under our belts so we were familiar with the rules…but the introduction of Strength Points and Fantastical Abilites has made an already flexible system that much better. Warband creation is as quick and easy as ever but Strength Points now mean that you can field Single Model Units and Reduced Model Units! Inspired!

I have to say that, much as we enjoy Frostgrave, Dragon Rampant is even more fun. Simpler and less fiddly, quicker to pick up and play but at the same time more flexible and just as tactical. A huge thumbs up from us. Can’t wait for the next in the series using the same rules….The Men Who Would Be Kings and The Pikemen’s Lament.

Anyway, without further ado, here are a couple of pics….

* The Wraith Knights and Armoured Skeletons should be (RMU) not (SMU).

The full battle report is up on my blog here with bigger and better pictures, for those who are interested.

http://ihavewroughtmysimpleplan.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Good stuff.  I recently picked a copy of these rules up and look forward to trying them out.

Thanks for sharing.

The best player, isn't always the winning player.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.