Home Forums General Blogs A different type of post on the blog

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There’s a new post up on my blog, but this time there are no pictures of new sailing ships. Instead, I talk about the effect of being at home on gaming; in other words, how to keep from being distracted by a new project. I also talk about some projects that aren’t new, and how/where those might go. Spoiler, not all of them are ship related.

Turns out there’s a whole bunch of projects, so this will be the first post of a series. Please drop by for a visit at:
    https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com

PS:  As this post isn’t about sailing ships, I put this announcement in Blogs rather than Naval.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Those 1930s Gran Prix are really cool! At 1/72nd scale they must be what, 3 inches long?

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Participant

Yes, between 2.5 and 3 inches.  They also offer them in 1/100 scale, but I thought those would be too small.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

Obviously I am not wearing my mask tightly enough, as I seem to also be infected with your malaise as well!  The quite odd thing is that although my work is “essential” and I’m still putting in 40 hours per week, I’ve been painting like a madman.  (For me, at any rate).  Carried away with this sudden spurt of productivity, I’ve been toying with adding another project into the waiting list, even though like yourself, I have tons of uncompleted or semi completed projects already in storage.

I wonder if this is because we’re all looking forward to the lifting of restrictions so we can indeed get together with our friends.  I know I have a lot of pent up desire to play a few games that I’m painting up figures for.   (Clash of Spears and Pikeman’s Lament for the morbidly curious).

The saddest thing about me is that when I read your post Brian, and I saw your wonderful collection of 1/72 1930s cars, of which I never knew even existed, I instantly thought that they would be fun to collect and modify for a game of Mad Maximilian!  I don’t even own the rules!

And I quite like your music lyrical mining for your blog post titles.  Appropriate and fun!

Participant

Tony,

Sorry for the late reply.  I don’t normally put posts in this area of the site, and quite honestly, forgot to come back and check for a couple of days!  If you’re essential personnel, then please, PLEASE make sure you’re taking all the proper precautions for yourself and your family.

It sounds selfish, but I’m glad to hear that other people are having problems keeping new projects from popping up.  It’s good to know that it’s not just me! 😂   The itch for new projects could well be a reaction to the quarantine and restrictions.  I hadn’t thought about it that way; instead, I just put it down to the usual “Ooh, shiny!” tendency that all gamers seem to have.

I think you’re right about the cars, in that they would work really with Mad Max 1934.  They are, after all, completely period correct.  I also looked at those rules, but backed away from them.  I know that they are aimed more towards 28mm, but I’m guessing you can run it using whatever models you want.

It was always my plan to try and make the blog post titles music related.  In the rush of getting the blog stated, I sort of went away from that and used plain old descriptive titles.  Now that I’ve been in operation for a while, it was time to get back to my original intent.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.