Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General A great week with the Hammer family of games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Snoddy
    Participant

Played a big attack/defence game of Star Wars Squad Hammer on Wednesday and on Friday I played my first game of Hammer of Democracy with my own figures.  A scenario to destroy an out of service KV1 which I threw together in minutes worked perfectly, coming down to one roll to see if the attacking Germans could destroy the immobilised vehicle.  The fact that you can balance forces both with command level and support level into the points is brilliant.  So practically no matter what mix of figs you have you can get a fight where both sides can win.  One thing I did learn is that the recommended 2/1 points differential for attacker/defender may seem huge but is needed.  Also don’t start too far apart, even if playing in 28mm.  The suggested set up in Hammer of Democracy works well.  60/75 minutes of game time time may be needed for a big attack/defence game.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Doesn’t get much closer than the game coming down to the last die roll!

Your tables look outstanding too. Red gems for hit points lost?

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

telzy amber
    Participant

In the Starwars photo, what are the two long white structures/vehicles?

Since the Stormtroopers are near both I think they are vehicles?

Tim Snoddy
    Participant

Yes Ivan, red crystals for Hit Points lost.  Looks better for sci fi but I couldn’t be bothered finding something more appropriate for WWII.  Telzy Amber, yes the white vehicles are 3D prints of the Imperial Troop Carrier, not in the movies but featured in some of the animated series.  Troops ride in those sort of pockets on the outside for some reason.  There is a lack of APC type vehicles in Star Wars, none in the Star Wars Legion range of models as yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.