Home Forums WWII A look at Victrix 12mm WWII

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

A look at the new 12mm (1/144) World war II figures from Victrix, plus a couple of comparison shots with Pendraken 10mm range.

Blog link

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2021/02/victrix-12mm-world-war-ii.html

Just Jack
    Participant

Those Shermans look great Norm, very effective with the mud on the tracks.  The infantry look very good too, really remind me of the Plastic Soldier Company 15mm figures.

V/R,
    Jack

Norm S
    Participant

Jack it says much of an item that can withstand the close-up scrutiny of digital photography, especially as in general wargames  use, such close inspection would never happen..

Mike
    Keymaster

Good post.

Steve Johnson
    Participant

That’s very useful Norm, thankyou:)

hammurabi70
    Participant

A look at the new 12mm (1/144) World war II figures from Victrix, plus a couple of comparison shots with Pendraken 10mm range.

I found the difference (5%) between 1/285 [GHQ] and 1/300 [H&R] irritating enough to make using them together unacceptable.  Do I gather that you found the difference (4%) between 1/144 [Vx] and 1/150 [Pd] so small that the difference is barely visible and NOT an irritation so could be used alongside each other?

Norm S
    Participant

I would be happy with them on the same table. Most of my looking, handling, painting and comparing is done at close quarters, at normal gaming distance I wouldn’t look twice.

John D Salt
    Participant

Temptingly interesting stuff. The very few 1/144 scale figures I’ve seen before (beautiful things from Pegasus Hobbies) were eye-wateringly expensive, and the tank kits (from some Japanese manufacturer, also beautiful) a strangely limited selectin of German things.

The thing that has driven Mr. Picky to, if not incandescent rage, at least a moderately severe bout of tutting, is Victrix’s claim that their boxes contain sufficient for a company at 1 man:1figure, and yet they only seem to provide eight LMGs.

All the best,

John.

Norm S
    Participant

John, checking my heavy weapons sprue, I have 1 x tripod HMG, 1 x prone lmg firing, 1 x walking figure with lmg, with (I think) 4 sprues to their pack, that would yield 4 x HMG and 8 x LMG.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.