Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic A Napoleonic battle report from Kabinettskriege

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BanditBandit
    Participant

The author of the Kabinettskriege Blog recently had a game of ESR Napoleonics and drafted a battle report on the game and his first impressions.

https://kabinettskriege.blogspot.com/2018/04/esr-et-sans-resultat-1809-wargame.html

Enjoy!

Cheers,

The Bandit

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

I like a game that involves maneuver, even if it is at a macro scale as opposed to small tactical one.  This was a great read, thanks for posting!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thaddeus BlanchetteThaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Very nice! What size are those minis and what does a stand represent?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

BanditBandit
    Participant

Thank you!

A base is a battalion in ESR (or a squadron group of cavalry, or an artillery battery). The miniatures are from our new line of ESR Box Sets and are 1:160 scale, aka 10mm. The buildings on the tabletop in this particular engagement were all 6mm buildings from the Leven and Battlescale lines.

Cheers,

The Bandit

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

What is the base sizing for this game?  I’ve been wanting to use 1/600 scale troops for Nappies, as I have a bunch already for ACW and it pleases me to see such masses of troops on the table.  Wonder what the compatibility would be…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

vtsaogamesvtsaogames
    Participant

ESR supports a variety of base sizes. distance is flexible according to your base size. As long as both sides are based alike it will work. Of course, if you have wide bases, you’ll need a bigger table.

https://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.