Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi A new creature for Kometenmelodie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

So one of the lovely members here did me a sculpt, which I kind of said was no good.
    So he did it again, which again I kind of said was not what I envisioned.

So I sent him a sketch (maybe I should have done that first?) and then he did this:

Now he is not a professional sculptor, but I think given the time he could be, the talent is certainly there, don’t you think?

Oh and not to mention being very patient!

Rhoderic
    Participant

Cool! I certainly agree the talent is there.

Is it a one-off for yourself or do you mean to mould and cast it? It strikes me as having been designed to never have a mould made of it.

Angel Barracks

I am going to tweak it a little then get it cast up.
    It will go nicely with my pow.

😀

Victoria Dickson
    Participant
    Rhoderic
    Participant

I am going to tweak it a little then get it cast up. It will go nicely with my pow. 😀

Pow? I’m afraid you’ve lost me.

Out of curiosity, how will you tweak it for mould-making? It seems to me you’ll probably have to either make it multipart, fill in the spaces between the legs and arms with more putty, or reposition at least one limb so it’s raised high off the ground. I’m not a mouldmaker and have never sculpted a figure for moulding, but my understanding is that a “quadruped” with all four legs/arms touching the ground in such a square fashion and empty space between each limb is a mouldmaker’s nightmare.

That said, I have seen some one-part horse castings that have made me go “How on earth did the mouldmaker manage that??”.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Rhoderic.
    Angel Barracks

Juraped / Cow hybrid  😀

Ped/Cow  = Pow.  🙂

I will be tweaking it for aesthetics rather than mould making.
    I am not sure there will be any problems in terms of it casting, could be wrong as I am far from expert, but looks ok to me.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Juraped / Cow hybrid  😀

Ped/Cow  = Pow.  🙂

That’s… scary 

I’m even less of an expert on mouldmaking than you are, so I’ll just shut up now and assume I’ve been talking kack.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Rhoderic.
    Angel Barracks

Well I am worried now, but my Razor Hounds are four legged creatures and they cast ok…

Thuseld
    Participant

This looks like the kind of thing I could see myself having in my forces…or as an obstacle for my forces.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Well I am worried now

No, no, I’m very likely the one who’s in the wrong. With the Razor Hounds (which I don’t yet own myself) I had assumed the space beneath the underbelly was blocked in, but if not, then I’ve just been underestimating the capabilities of the modern professional mouldmaker. You’ll be fine.

PatG
    Participant

One big ape – very nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.