Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century A SYW Russian project finally done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sheepman
    Participant

It has to be said that it’s been a while since I posted on this (or in fact any) site, but compleating the project below has it must be said taken up much of my spare time. I’m sure that Tom ( who’s figures I have painted) will have no objection to me putting a couple of photographs of the said castings on here for people to view.
    The figures are Old Glory 15’s and this lot took about four months part time to finish:

Grusinskiy hussars

Artillery

1st Batt, 4th Grenadiers

1st & 2nd Batt, Roston rgt.

The end result

Second and final box.

Many more photos here if your interested:
    http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/15mm%20SYW
    Dave.

'The higher up the tree the monkey goes, the more of it's arse you can see'.
    To bosses everywhere!

http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Mike
    Keymaster

Nice paint jobs, nice basing then I scrolled down…

….

….

Loads of them too!

McLaddie
    Participant

Very nice work. I have a Russian Army piled high and ready for painting, so you are inspiring me.  The basing looks like either KonigsKrieg or Age of Honor but I am sure other rules sets can or do use that basing.

Bandit
    Participant

Very sharp!

I’ve got a bunch of SYW I want to dig into but still too many Napoleonics to paint.

Cheers,

The Bandit

sheepman
    Participant

Cheers guys, McLaddie correct mate, Konigskrieg.

To bosses everywhere!

willz
    Participant

Lovely painted figures  thanks for sharing.

Goldwyrm
    Participant

Excellent Job!

Russians are not currently represented in my SYW collection, but displayed armies such as yours makes it more tempting. <span style=”font-size: 6pt;”>Finding the time for painting more 28mm brings me back to Earth. </span>

greenknight4
    Participant

stunning

Author of Day of Battle, I game in 25mm and 40mm scales. Also enjoy Horse and Musket and WWII Western Front Games. Offering adhesive backed magnets and 3mm wooden bases. www.dayofbattle.com

sheepman
    Participant

Thanks for all ths guys,really appreciated.
    Dave.

To bosses everywhere!

Mal Wright
    Participant

Nice work. I painted a Russian SYW army for a friend so he could take on my Prussians!

Mal Wright

Mal Wright

paintpig
    Participant

pffft, that’s not a Russian 7yw army… a reconnaissance mission at best where’s the 600 supply wagons 300 devoted to hair powder and mustache wax

Anyway bloody nice job on the painting well done, the Jonty’s in particular look very jaunty.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Mal Wright
    Participant

Bah humbug! My SYW Prussian army would urinate on them until they drowned! I have so many Prussians I’ve run out of regiments to add. Why…I’ve had to add stressed steel supports to their shelves to carry all that lead! The earth trembles when they move, such that some think its an earth quake and others the sound of the devil approaching, but all….all I say….run like frightened rabbits.
    Mal Wright
    PS. Ummmm….that little incidents with some Saxons a while back was all….well….sort of a ‘ruse’ to make them chase us. Its just that they didn’t and so we could not pull off our Prussian masterplan. Damn Saxons….can’t trust a Saxon I say!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Mal Wright.

Mal Wright

Etranger
    Participant

Mal has built the Prussian Army in what looks like a 1:1 figure ratio. The whole army………

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Etranger.
    Mal Wright
    Participant

Well not quite one to one. I still have to do Leopold, Gustaph, Fritz, Adolphus, Johan and Max from the 10th regiment!  

But I got the wagon train finished recently along with the appropriate Whores, Wives, Cooks and even the Parson!

Mal Wright

sheepman
    Participant

These are now Tom’s figures, don’t let him see any of the above posts as he is also obsessed with wagons etc and if you think I’m painting them aswell, no ***** way!!!
    Dave.

To bosses everywhere!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.