Home Forums Modern AAR: 28mm Modern Africa Wars, No End in Sight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    craig thomson
    Participant

Hi,

At last I’ve got my solo African Wars campaign underway, with a full report and photos on my blog:

AAR: N’bote – Operation Bobwood

The location is the fictional West African Country of N’bote, an ex-French colony that is on the brink of civil war. In this first game the French Government have supported the N’bote government with a surgical strike by their Foreign Legion at the rebels hilltop outpost.

As you will see from looking at my blog, theres a bit of potted history about N’bote, and also plenty of info on the models I’ve built to support the campaign.

The rules I am using are the excellent “No End in Sight” by Nordic Weasel, with a simple home made system to work out the political after effects of each battle.

All comments and crits very welcome,

Cheers,

Craig

Tiny Terrain Models

http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter @tinyterrain

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. Looks like we’re getting a lot of French Foreign Legion love lately 🙂

Certainly the sniper earned his hazard pay. Nicely done.

Table looks lovely. How big?

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Just Jack
    Participant

Ahh, Legion in Africa, a man after my own (blackened, shriveled) heart!  My only problem is the fact that your toys look twelve times better than mine (I should be used to it).

Great fight also; as soon as I started reading I was concerned for the Legionaires with regards to how few of them were on the table, and how many N’Botes I expected to see come running down that hill, and that’s exactly how it played out.  You were in quite the precarious situation before your snipers were able to take down three bad guys with three shots.  As a fellow member of the NEIS club AND a fellow solo gamer, I’ll just say that was some fancy shooting 😉

In any case, I look forward to the encounter!

V/R,
    Jack

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

He must have bought the limited edition, special “good shooting” dice 🙂

Nordic Weasel Games

Just Jack
    Participant

Ivan – Yes, exactly!  I don’t know if you were around on TMP when I was doing my Vietnam “In Country” campaign, and Kyote, Panda, and Shaun started accusing me of having “Magic Dice.”  They have no honor, insinuating such things!  And I insinuated no such thing, I just said that, as an NEIS player and a solo gamer, I understand 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I don’t remember your Vietnam games from TMP though I’ve seen bits of it prowling your old blog posts.

I’ve noticed that games featuring Reds of some ilk seem to always feature good dice rolls for the commies 😉

Nordic Weasel Games

craig thomson
    Participant

Hi Jack & Ivan,

Thanks for the comments, it was a great game. I was already to pull back the FFL when the Sniper team rolled 3 sixes,  They completely turned the battle around.

Ivan, the table was my dining room table so about 3 ft x 5 ft.

Cheers

Craig

Tiny Terrain Models

http://Www.wargames.blog.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter @tinyterrain

kyoteblue
    Participant

The Sultan of Ifat welcomes you !! Just Jack has magic dice….and ugly hills!!! Good AAR, thanks Dude.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Craig:

More Legion Etrangere, the people of France salute you! I became a little nostalgic when I saw you Matchbox Saladin. I had one which was either Matchbox or a Dinky Toy when I was a kid and yours brought back some fond memories to me. Your jungle terrain looks great and your scratch built buildings look really well done.  I am very impressed. I am planning a 15mm foray into modern African conflict and will be using French troops and kit, but aside from a few vehicle purchases that is still in the future. Right now I am struggling to find the time to paint Taliban and US Marines as well as US Army infantry to start a modern campaign set in Afghanistan. I found a little time tonight to start assembling four Cougar 6×6 MRAP’s and to prime some Marines but time is at a premium these days, so progress is slow.

The picture you posted of the Panhard AML 90 with the crewman leaning against it was intriguing. I was pressed for time so I did not thoroughly search your post for an explanation of the picture. What is the back-story to the photo?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.