Home Forums Ancients AAR Adrianople 378 AD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean Mac
    Participant

Just finished this game with Hail Caesar rules…..what a blast ! Goths vs Romans. Please check it out….

http://www.madmacsattic.blogspot.com

Sean Mac
    Participant

Adrianople

A Lot of Gaul
    Participant

Very good-looking AAR and pics, Sean! Thank you for posting the link to them here.

Cheers,
    Scott

"Ventosa viri restabit." ~ Harry Field

McLaddie
    Participant

Great-looking game. The shields on both sides are gorgeous. What do you like about Hail Caesar?  It’s been a while since I had ancient armies.  Don’t know the rules at all.

A Lot of Gaul
    Participant

McLaddie –

I don’t want to speak for the OP Sean, and I am sure that he will respond in due course, if he so chooses. But in the meantime, you could always check out his blog post of Sunday, February 7th, 2016, in which he gives a rather in-depth review of Hail Caesar, including a summary of the rules and the things he likes about the game.

Here is a direct link to Sean’s blog post, ‘A Review and Summary of Hail Caesar‘.

Cheers,
    Scott

Sean Mac
    Participant

Thanks Scott…..McLaddie……I admit that I’m sort of a novice with Ancients……my primary period is Napoleonics. But for a side period I am finding Hail Caesar an extremely fun game…..it has enough flavor to satisfy me as a side period and the uncertainty of command rolls has provided a ton of entertainment…….I have heard it is a little light on period detail, but I find it refreshing.

A Lot of Gaul
    Participant

For me, the “useful rules” section in HC is a real highlight, allowing me to tailor the likely performance of individual units for as much (or as little) period detail as I want. For this and other reasons, HC has a better ‘period feel’ than any other Ancients rules I have tried – and that encompasses more than 20 different rule sets over a 30+ year span of time! Naturally, YMMV.

Cheers,
    Scott

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.