Home Forums Modern AAR29 of the Uwanda/Mugabia War

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    irishserb
    Participant

I just posted the latest AAR in my third world imagi-nations war.   A 15mm scale land battle that featured a furious infantry fight over a small hill.

Located at:

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/2018/08/aar29-good-showing-by-mugabia.html

Hope it is of some interest, thanks for looking.

irishserb

kyoteblue
    Participant

Great AAR thanks !!!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Another great looking battle and enjoyable read.

Say, on the map, are the red numbers on the lines between objectives the number of hours between destinations?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

irishserb
    Participant

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

The red numbers are the number of movement points needed to get from one location to the next.

the number of movement points for a unit is found by dividing the road speed of the slowest vehicle by 10 and rounding down.  Thus, a unit of Centurions at 22 mph moves, 2 points per strategic turn.

The points are accumulated, so if the red number is 5 points, the Centurions take three strategic turns to get to the next location or objective. They lose the extra point, but are considered to have arrived before an opposing unit the needed all of their points to get there.

The strategic turn represents 4 hours for the purposes of the game clock.

Infantry on foot are credited  with one point per turn.

vtsaogames
    Participant

Looks good. All home brew rules?

This too shall pass

irishserb
    Participant

Thanks.   Yes, it is all homebrew rules.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

The red numbers are the number of movement points needed to get from one location to the next.

Ah!  I like that a lot!  Could also work for games where zones of control are important and could allow scouts/recon to be useful in getting enemy composition back so their unit can be better prepared.

irishserb
    Participant

I had some loose ends to clean up,  caught everything up to date on the strategic side of the Uwanda-Mugabia War, and did a little write-up touching on all of the “players” surrounding the war on my blog at:

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/2018/09/uwanda-and-mugabia-strategic-situation.html

Thanks for looking,

irishserb

kyoteblue
    Participant

Good to see the bigger picture. Thanks, Dude.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I really enjoyed that little bit of background, it adds a lot.  Most people do not have a global perspective to their games, and it’s refreshing.

So, with the Super Powers doing a little posturing, do you think they will come to blows?  Is this the flashpoint that results in your Post Apoc setting?

irishserb
    Participant

I really don’t know where it will go.

My original expectation was that former colonial powers might get involved, and I even have a basic outline for bordering nations to the north and south, in case they get dragged in.

i thought the Cubans would have made a showing by now, but they keep missing out by a smidge. Though I think one of their training units are likely to get over-run on the next strategic move. Could be interesting.

I do have some rules though, like only one super power can be directly involved, unless things escalate between the superpower and a European country or the UN, but a lot of freak things would have to happen before a US / Soviet faceoff would occur.

We’ll just have to see where the dice leads us.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.